4 replies to this topic

#1 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

I went to see this show tonight and I'm not sure if there is a point in starting this thread as this excellent show is only untill 19th June (extended for a week by popular demand).

But I really must recommend this little operetta to anybody who enjoys MT.  I still can't believe how tremendously good it was. And I'm sure that was the thought of the 80- plus enthusiastic audience who more than packed this tiny little pub- theatre tonight.

The young, energetic cast of about 8, (forgot to count, sorry) sing, dance, act, play an instrument or two and make us laugh and beam a lot. A lot.  And the lovely choreography made me want to join in.  I thought the young man in whiite was quite exceptional - a singer/actor whose legs have dance in them.

What a lovely production. Go and see it if you can get to Turnham Green (District line) before it closes on 19th. You can rarely have such a good time sitting in a theatre.

#2 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

I won't be able to make this but the Tabard is on my 'to do' list. What's it like?

There's a nice cafe nearby isn't there?
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#3 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostThe Suburbanite, on 16 June 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

I won't be able to make this but the Tabard is on my 'to do' list. What's it like?

There's a nice cafe nearby isn't there?

Oh, Chiswick High Street is FULL of nice cafes and delis. Quite up-market. The theatre is only around the corner from the Tube Station.

#4 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

View PostSHk, on 16 June 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

Oh, Chiswick High Street is FULL of nice cafes and delis. Quite up-market. The theatre is only around the corner from the Tube Station.

Thanks, yes it looks a nice area. And what's the theatre itself like? Standard small fringe black box, flexible seating?
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#5 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

It's an extension/anex of the Tabard pub. You enter from outside up a through narrow staircase, via the tiny box office, and step in directly onto the very small stage.  The seating area goes up from the stage, 5 seats on each side.  Very small leg room, unreserved seating.   Very old and creaking chairs. A small attic area for the live band. You use the toilets in the pub.

Very charming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users