37 replies to this topic

#1 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Priscilla Queen of the Desert will play it's final performance at the Palace Theatre just after Christmas

#2 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 23 June 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Priscilla Queen of the Desert will play it's final performance at the Palace Theatre just after Christmas

It appears to be true... Newley Aucutt who plays Miss Understanding has tweeted saying "Just been given our closing notice but not till after Christmas" then went onto tweet saying "Yes Priscilla closing. End of week after Christmas not sure date."

By my reckoning thats Saturday 31st December 2011? Its had a fabulous run so they should be all very happy :) Wonder what is next for the Palace?
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#3 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

They should be very proud! It has had a fabulous run and still has 6 amazing months to go which I'm sure are going to get increasingly more difficult to score tickets for.

Next at the Palace... Who knows!

Chess? Miss Saigon? Book of Mormon? Viva Forever? Bridget Jones?

#4 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Oh this is so sad, Priscilla is fun, fabulous & glitzy.... a great night out, and I really wanted to see it again.... I know I have 6 months, but major budget restraints for the next 6 months too ..... :( arrrghh!!

Really expected to get another year out of this, thought it was selling well ?
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#5 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Will posted on his facebook that it closes in January...

#6 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Priscilla has had a great run!

#7 snowy01

snowy01

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

oh no this is a bit of shock, wonder what will be going in its place? I have seen this show five times and love it it is so much fun and the songs and costumes are brill.

#8 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm very disappointed to hear this is closing - Priscilla is the best show in the West End at the moment in my opinion.

I vote for Starlight Express to replace it at the Palace :D

#9 Hanzicles

Hanzicles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm sure everyone will disagree with me but if it's big enough, I'd love to see 'Rebecca' go into the Palace when Priscilla closes. Preferably with Pia Douwes as Mrs Danvers.

#10 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

View PostHanzicles, on 23 June 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

I'm sure everyone will disagree with me but if it's big enough, I'd love to see 'Rebecca' go into the Palace when Priscilla closes. Preferably with Pia Douwes as Mrs Danvers.

If that happens, they'd be best plugging it as a limited run and seeing what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users