ATG fringe production at Wimbledon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Melody_*

Guest_Melody_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

I saw in The Stage that Ambassador Theatre Group are doing a fringe production in Wimbledon, but I still can't find any more info on casting etc 2 weeks before the show opens.   Surely it isn't an Ambassadors show without some TV star or other on board.   Anyone got any news / viscious rumours on this show?

#2 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

huh.gif

Eh?
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#3 QTip

QTip

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

Check out the ATG website: maybe you mean this?

Alexei Arbuzov's

The Promise

New version by Nick Dear
From a translation by Ariadne Nicolaeff

Directed by ZoŽ Waterman
Designed by Bronia Housman

We are thrilled to launch our Emerging Directors Award with The Promise directed by ZoŽ Waterman. This marks the New Wimbledon Studio's producing debut and is an engaging story of love, friendship and human strength. In the winter of 1942 Leningrad is in the grip of the Nazi siege. Three teenagers who have lost everything and everyone seek refuge in an abandoned apartment. As the war rages they battle to remain human in the face of the destruction around them.

We see how the scars of war leave their legacy on the survivors, the lucky ones, as they try to piece their lives together in its aftermath and to believe in the promise of a brighter future and a better life.

ZoŽ Waterman was chosen from a selection of outstanding applicants for our Emerging Director Award. The award, supported by The Arts Council of England, provides a promising director the financial & professional support to stage a full-scale high quality production in the Studio.

Donít miss what is sure to be an outstanding production and a milestone in the creative development of the Studio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users