Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Bristol
http://www.colstonha...atson/Event2617

Two more dates yet to be announced.  Keep an eye on his Twitter or Official Facebook Page for updates

#2 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

The most exciting artist on London's West End stage and acclaimed star of ThePhantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies RAMIN KARIMLOO with special guest stars Scarlett Strallen (West End star of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins) and Olivia Archbold (Britains Got Talent semi finalist) with a full live orchestra conducted by David Shrubsole and the Capital Voices Choir.

Among the featured numbers will be “Some Enchanted Evening” from South Pacific, “Last Night of the World” and “Why God?” from Miss Saigon, “Too Much in Love to Care?” from Sunset Boulevard, “Till I Hear You Sing” from Love Never Dies, “Stars” and “Do You Hear the People Sing?” from Les Miserables and “Phantom of the Opera” and “All I Ask of You” from The Phantom of the Opera.

Dates

13 October 2011   Colston Hall, Bristol - www.colstonhall.org/whatson/Event2617

22 October 2011   Bridgewater Hall, Manchester - http://www.bridgewat...ance/17572.aspx

29 October 2011   Symphony Hall, Birmingham - http://www.thsh.co.u...-ramin-karimloo

No further dates or venues are planned at the moment.

A Night with the Phantom is produced by Raymond Gubbay, who has collaborated previously with such well-known names as Luciano Pavarotti, Ray Charles, Henry Mancini and all four London symphony orchestras.

#3 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

I already bought tickets for Manceshter and Birmingham, even though I will have to leave in the middle of the Act 2 to catch the last train back to London.  A bit silly, but couldn't resist.

#4 Galileo

Galileo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theatre
    Photography
    Dancing
    Travel

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

You could stay in a B&B overnight.

#5 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

I know that's an option, but as a mum of three, I can't use that option too often.  I've already used this year's rota for 2 Three Phantoms shows, which were absolutely briiliant.

#6 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3383 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

View PostSHk, on 04 July 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

I know that's an option, but as a mum of three, I can't use that option too often.  I've already used this year's rota for 2 Three Phantoms shows, which were absolutely briiliant.

Mayflower, Southampton now added

http://www.mayflower...tm_medium=MFWeb

#7 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

I've got my tickets to Southampton. SHk not sure how old your kids are, but as they get older you can take them with you.  Ive got 3 too and my youngest boy (13 yr) has bagged his place for this show (and the Three Phantoms in Bournemouth).  Kids week is a godsend for keeping costs down....but thats a different story for a different thread.

#8 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Oh, Southsampton must be a little closer from me (outer SW London) than Manchester and Birmingham, and a beautifll old-fashioned theatre too.  I was there earlier this year for 3 Phantoms.

Craftymiss, my kids are 6, 8, and 11.  I also used Kids Week for Leagally Blonde and Potted Potter.  But they won't be interested in concerts, unfortunately. Good for your young son to be interested in MT. What a discerning young man!

What I'm thinking is to stay till the end of  the concert and get on a train to Eustion anyway, and then a Night Bus, if I can find a transport from Euston to where my Night Bus leaves, which is Picadilly, at that time of the night.  I used a Night Bus when I went to see POTO cast's late-night cabaret at Prince Edward Theatre.  I got home at around 3 am!!

BTW, I think the song list for this concert sounds exciting. Two hours of Ramin's singing non-stop (well, sort of ) will be heavenly.

#9 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

SHk, I see your point with your children and their ages.  My son is totally enthralled with MT, he was so young when we took him to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when it was on the West End but that love for theatre has stuck.  Currently he's obsessed with Ramin (and John Owen-Jones) and I will be taking him to Southampton.  I saw 3 Phantoms at the Mayflower too earlier this year.  Southampton has lots of late trains up to London that from what I can recall run every 30mins.  Would that not be easier?  Its about 1hr 45mins (I have done the journey a few years ago).  Hope this info helps, perhaps our paths will cross at Stage Door; son is hoping for a Ramin autograph.  I explained that the chances would be slim as he would have to fight his was through hoards of fangirls, but he was not detered when we saw Joseph and he ran off to the front of the Adelphi to get Lee Meads autograph; he was successful.  Looking forward to this Ramin performance  :rolleyes:

#10 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 29 August 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

SHk, I see your point with your children and their ages.  My son is totally enthralled with MT, he was so young when we took him to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when it was on the West End but that love for theatre has stuck.  Currently he's obsessed with Ramin (and John Owen-Jones) and I will be taking him to Southampton.  I saw 3 Phantoms at the Mayflower too earlier this year.  Southampton has lots of late trains up to London that from what I can recall run every 30mins.  Would that not be easier?  Its about 1hr 45mins (I have done the journey a few years ago).  Hope this info helps, perhaps our paths will cross at Stage Door; son is hoping for a Ramin autograph.  I explained that the chances would be slim as he would have to fight his was through hoards of fangirls, but he was not detered when we saw Joseph and he ran off to the front of the Adelphi to get Lee Meads autograph; he was successful.  Looking forward to this Ramin performance  :rolleyes:

Your son likes JOJ too? Well, he does have a good pair of ears.  That's for sure.  And how nice that he found something he can be passionate about so early on in his life.

Also, what a coinsidence that we were watching the same show in Mayflower.  I didn't realise the train journey is that short, as I used the National Express Coach back then.  Now. it is a possibility.  Thank you.

As for stage dooring, unfortunately I almost never do it even in London as I live in zone 4. And I won't to have time to do it either after Ramin's concerts. But I may bump into into you two in the auditorium somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users