58 replies to this topic

#21 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Maybe Olivia Archibald is managed by the same company or some such thing?  Thats very disappointing about the train, I hate the fact they charge so much and deliver so little.  Interesting to hear yours and Richard2711's view on the concert.  I am looking forward to it and seeing what he's like out of character so to speak.  Still hoping him and Hadley will do some Sheytoons stuff when their MT work slows down a bit....if it does

#22 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

View Postcraftymiss, on 31 October 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

Maybe Olivia Archibald is managed by the same company or some such thing?  Thats very disappointing about the train, I hate the fact they charge so much and deliver so little.  Interesting to hear yours and Richard2711's view on the concert.  I am looking forward to it and seeing what he's like out of character so to speak.  Still hoping him and Hadley will do some Sheytoons stuff when their MT work slows down a bit....if it does

Oh, that management company.... I see. Now that company seems to be managing everyone and everything.  Even huge operatic stars such as Kaufmann and Netbreko (or at least their concerts that is).  Well, still, Ramin's concert brochure was reasonablly priced and had a lot of details of the songs in it, compared to the not-so-well-prepared 6 pounds piciture-book of Kaufmann concert at RAH.

I'm not a huge fan of Sheytoons' music (indie folk, is it?), but of course if they do a gig in London I'll be there.  At least, I managed to somehow enjoy Hadley's cabaret with Ramin in Lauder House a few years back.

As for Les Miz, I might catch the 1st Wed matinee. I presume Ramin will do Wednesdays?  Also, I'm delighted that Christopher Jacobson is playing JVJ everyweek.  I've seen him in a few diffierent shows and also as JVJ on YT( a full length footage), and am convinced that he is very much up and coming, as JOJ himself commented on Radio Wales about a week ago.

I also thought that Olivia might be perfect as Eponine.

As for the National Rail, I think it's a national disgrace. How British people have put up with it for so long is beyond me. I'm going to stick to National Express coaches whenever possible from now on.

#23 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

My daughter is booked into a Les Miz kids saturday workshop in Feb and we have booked tix for the matinee performance so I hope to see Ramin then.  I am however in London on a course in late Nov so hope to see JOJ in POTO before he leaves in Dec (I'll have to wait for Bristol POTO tour before I get to see him again).  I might sneak in a quick Les Miz with Ramin before Christmas though although I see he is off from 17-24th Dec so would have to be before then.  Pain in the but being a teacher and not being able to take the odd day off when you'd like (and yes I know everyone moans about how much 'holiday' time we get).  Prob is holiday time is when all the tix are taken.
BTW anyone know what seat B18 is like in the Stalls at Her Majs?  I usually do front circle and was wondering what the view was like from there, would what appears to be front row be too close?

#24 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

View Postcraftymiss, on 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

My daughter is booked into a Les Miz kids saturday workshop in Feb and we have booked tix for the matinee performance so I hope to see Ramin then.  I am however in London on a course in late Nov so hope to see JOJ in POTO before he leaves in Dec (I'll have to wait for Bristol POTO tour before I get to see him again).  I might sneak in a quick Les Miz with Ramin before Christmas though although I see he is off from 17-24th Dec so would have to be before then.  Pain in the but being a teacher and not being able to take the odd day off when you'd like (and yes I know everyone moans about how much 'holiday' time we get).  Prob is holiday time is when all the tix are taken.
BTW anyone know what seat B18 is like in the Stalls at Her Majs?  I usually do front circle and was wondering what the view was like from there, would what appears to be front row be too close?

Les Miz kids workshop??? Oh, that sounds interesting.  Is it on Les Miz website? I'll have to check that out. My 3 kids have all seen the show (my middle one even twice) when they were all under 5. They slpet through the 2nd Act and got praise from many adults around us for being so quiet.

HM 's Row B should be  fine.  I haven't sat in B18, but sat in either very centre or slightly sidish, and never missed anything on stage.  You can see all the way to the back of the stage. If you are tall, legroom is a problem, but not for me being only 5".  I love sitting very close to the stage, as you can see the Phantom's facial expressions much better.  Also, if I'm in the front seat, there'll be nobody tall in front of me to block my view except for the conductor.

I hope you'll be able to catch both Ramin and JOJ.  Enjoy!

#25 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

I think I found it via the program and it might have been on the website.  They do a workshop when they have 6 kids together.  Harris is in Feb so the next one will be after that; get in early!  I'll try to find the link for you and post it somewhere.  Harri is also joining Mountview Academy on a Sat morning from Jan.  I've heard it's good an the kids enjoy themselves.

#26 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 02 November 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

I think I found it via the program and it might have been on the website.  They do a workshop when they have 6 kids together.  Harris is in Feb so the next one will be after that; get in early!  I'll try to find the link for you and post it somewhere.  Harri is also joining Mountview Academy on a Sat morning from Jan.  I've heard it's good an the kids enjoy themselves.

Thank you.

Your son Harris is really into acting, then?  The tradition of drama and performing arts in this country is really the envy of the world (unlike its public transport....). I'm cosntantly amazed by the usually high standards of most of the shows I see in small fringe theatres. I hope Harris will enjoy the class.

BTW, I am one who never resents teachers having long holidays.  As the mother of 3 young children, I know how hard teachers work.  I'd rather have rested and recharged teachers at the beginning of the term than exhausted ones.

#27 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

hahaha I didnt make myself clear in my last post.  Matty is my youngest son who loves going to musical theatre and is in a local drama group.  Harri (Harriet) is my daughter but I forgot the apostrophe so it looked like her name was Harris!!!  Stoooopid moi

#28 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Just to add to the other comments about Ramin's mini concert tour.  My young son and I went to Southampton last night and all I can say is it was a fantastic show,  other than a moment of singing the wrong words to "Murder In the City", which he laughed at and recovered very well and a couple of seconds where he began to sing but the mic was off, this was perfect.  He seemed very relaxed, told a story of something funny that happened when he was living in the New Forest on the Miss Saigon tour and about performing in Les Mis for the Royal Family and Jaques Chirac at a private concert.  Celia Graham was divine and it was fabulous to hear her sing LND again and also to hear her and Ramin sing duets from Phantom, LND, Sunset Boulevard and Miss Saigon.  I have always liked Camelot and thoroughly enjoyed Ramin singing "If Ever I Would Leave You" to the point where I think there should be a revival with him playing Launcelot!  I also wouldnt mind a revival of Miss Saigon too if I'm honest.  It was lovely to see Liz Robertson there supporting Ramin; bit like a mini Phantom meet up.
Ramin initially came out at SD and it was said he only had a few minutes to sign autographs as he needed to get away quickly and that there was no time for pictures.  This really wasnt the case as he stayed until I assume the last person left as my son and I were chatting to Celia Graham for a long long time and at least an hour passed and Ramin was still being gracious towards everyone who waited.  He also took time to have pictures taken with nearly everyone there, despite the original statemnt that photos werent to happen due to time constraints.  I am always amazed at how suprised he appears that people love him/his voice/performance as he always seems very humble.  I managed to get my program signed but my young son didnt get his picture taken with him as he thought it wasnt fair as he managed to meet Ramin the previous Fri.  However a lovely lady who we found out later was part of Ramin's management team and Matty and I were just generally chatting to her about the concert, Celia, Ramin and MT in particular.  She liked the fact Matty wasnt pushing among the throng (or at one point baying crowd of women) and actually said if we wanted to wait a moment she would take him up and get Matty's picture taken with Ramin; which she did.  Ramin appeared to remember Matty (he may have just been being polite) but it made a young boy's evening.  Matty had a fabulous time meeting Celia too, who he absolutely adores (he bought her some flowers as a thank you) and she is so attentive to her fans too.  So here's to Les Mis next year then Ramin; unless I can sneak in a sneaky one before Christmas!!!

#29 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

My blog about Ramin's thank you gig last Monday. Glad to have been invited! Really looking forward to the tour. :)

http://theatregirl.p...march-19th-2012

#30 les mis lover

les mis lover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Watched Ramin on Songs of Praise yesterday.Must admit to being the first time I have heard his voice.  It is lovely.(On a shallow note I can't agree about his rave looks, sorry).Great voice though and great choice of song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users