Jump to content


Ramin Karimloo In Concert


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 Steffi

Steffi

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Ramin's album is out today (finally!) and I admit after downloading it from iTunes I have listened to it about 5 times already. Yes, I had a lot of spare time on this Easter Monday. ;-)

In my opinion it's a fantastic album. I'm glad it's not a musical theatre CD (with the exception of 2 songs: Music of the night and Till I hear you sing, both in more pop-like versions that I really enjoyed). I love hearing Ramin sing non-musical songs.

My favourites so far are Constant Angel and Cathedrals. I also love Inside my world and the Muse cover Guiding Light.

Really looking forward to hearing those tracks on Ramin's tour in May. :-)



#32 Ryan Mac

Ryan Mac

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostSteffi, on 09 April 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Ramin's album is out today (finally!) and I admit after downloading it from iTunes I have listened to it about 5 times already. Yes, I had a lot of spare time on this Easter Monday. ;-)

In my opinion it's a fantastic album. I'm glad it's not a musical theatre CD (with the exception of 2 songs: Music of the night and Till I hear you sing, both in more pop-like versions that I really enjoyed). I love hearing Ramin sing non-musical songs.

My favourites so far are Constant Angel and Cathedrals. I also love Inside my world and the Muse cover Guiding Light.

Really looking forward to hearing those tracks on Ramin's tour in May. :-)

I've become quite a fan of Ramin after seeing him in Les Mis a few times so I picked up the album- it's great. I love the Muse song too. Some bold choices for a first album. Hope it does well.

#33 SHk

SHk

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Ramin concert's tickets for sale. 4th May. Two Stalls Row A tkts (single digit but close to double digit number)at 32.5 each (face value). Any taker?

#34 Rain

Rain

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Have got Ramin's album but not got round to listening to it yet. It's been billed as his debut album but he did record another Within The Six Square Inch..
http://www.amazon.co...705&sr=8-14

#35 Azincat

Azincat

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostRain, on 13 April 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Have got Ramin's album but not got round to listening to it yet. It's been billed as his debut album but he did record another Within The Six Square Inch..

Well, I suppose it is his first major release?

#36 Steffi

Steffi

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

My Ramin album review:
http://confessionsof...karimloo-ramin/



#37 Azincat

Azincat

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostSteffi, on 14 April 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:


My copy of Ramin's CD hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to listening to it.  Pleased for him that it seems to be doing quite well in the charts (no. 16 this week)!

#38 SHk

SHk

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

I have a ticket to sell for Ramin concert at RFH on 1st May, 19:30.  A Stalls front row seat. 29.5 pounds (face value). I can't believe I can no longer go to this concert (my son's school concert, instead...).

#39 Steffi

Steffi

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Germany
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostSHk, on 24 April 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

<br />I have a ticket to sell for Ramin concert at RFH on 1st May, 19:30.  A Stalls front row seat. 29.5 pounds (face value). I can't believe I can no longer go to this concert (my son's school concert, instead...).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Maybe you could tweet Ramin about this and ask him to retweet? Might be worth a try in order to find a good home for the ticket. :)



#40 SHk

SHk

    Advanced Member

  • Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostSteffi, on 24 April 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Maybe you could tweet Ramin about this and ask him to retweet? Might be worth a try in order to find a good home for the ticket. <img src='http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you, Steffi.  Fortunately, someone has shown an interest in RFH concert. It would be a pity to waste a front row tkt. I might consider asking Ramin for an RT for Southend concert. Another 2 front row seats.

Those who can go to his concerts, enjoy!! And please report back.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users