Caz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, walking around London

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi,

I have two tickets for tonight's show at the Royal Festival Hall for Ramin, l don't know the seat numbers as l have to pick them up from the hall later, l already have tickets for tonights show but have also won two tickets which l obviously do not need, l don't want any money for them would just want them to go to someone that wants them, l will be in London for about 5pm to pick up the tickets, so if you want them , just put a message on here before 2pm and l can meet up with you outside the venue.

Many Thanks
Caz

#42 Caz

Caz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, walking around London

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostCaz, on 01 May 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

<br />Hi, <br /><br />I have two tickets for tonight's show at the Royal Festival Hall for Ramin, l don't know the seat numbers as l have to pick them up from the hall later, l already have tickets for tonights show but have also won two tickets which l obviously do not need, l don't want any money for them would just want them to go to someone that wants them, l will be in London for about 5pm to pick up the tickets, so if you want them , just put a message on here before 2pm and l can meet up with you outside the venue. <br /><br />Many Thanks<br />Caz<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tickets have now gone....

#43 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Ramin at the Royal Festival Hall (just a few first impressions): http://confessionsof...-festival-hall/

#44 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Is there any news on which guests are doing which venues?

#45 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes, Ramin tweeted which guests will be at which venue (the confirmed ones at least).
I can't remember all details (only that Simon Bailey is doing Glasgow, LouiseDearman is doing a few venues as is Jonathan Ansell). But it's all up on his Twitter.

#46 Distant_Cousin

Distant_Cousin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I really regret going to see it, should have realised my error after I heard the album.

Think he's a fantastic musical theatre performer, but what he presented was a show of very little musical theatre repertoire and very non-theatrical in it's presentation.

A real hotch potch, marred by trotting out an entire album of mediocre, derivative songs and Ramin at pains to prove he was a proper musician with the overuse of guitars, banjo and piano playing.

The assorted audience seemed enraptured though, and lapped up everything he did in cult-ish fashion.  He definitely has that rabid fanbase appeal that certain MT actors seem to attract (Kerry Ellis springs to mind)

Quite a nice show.  Superb, effortless voice, very versatile but I felt turned his back on the kind of music that's brought him to promenence.

#47 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the concert. The tour isn't ment to be a musical theatre concert tour so if that's what you wanted to hear him sing it's understandable you were disappointed.
Personally I'm really enjoying hearing Ramin sing pop and folk songs. And I like to hear him play the guitar and the banjo. He loves doing this kind of music and for me the fun he is having makes listening to those songs even more enjoyable.
But it is a case of personal taste in the end.

#48 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

I think Ramin did really well to avoid whooper's attention seeking antics in the front row. But it was very very embarrassing to see him jumping up constantly, whooping like a cat in heat and doing this weird little dance thing. Basically going "look Ramin, notice me". Everyone was laughing at him but as he got louder and louder there were many people complaining. Something really needs to be done about him. I have to assume he has some sort of mental disability? People didn't pay to see him whooping like a demented werewolf all night. When he shouted up something like "I love you Ramin" towards the end and Ramin had to shush him, well that was mortifying. He's a muppet that needs  to cop himself on! If he starts at that nonsense in the other touring venues (he's a Ramin stalker), there will be real problems as at least at the London concert, a lot of us are theatregoers who knew he'd be there and were prepared. Won't be like this in the regional venues which will also be a lot smaller than the RFH!

#49 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

The thing he shouted was "It's love, man!" in reply to Ramin telling the audience he hoped there was something they could take away with them from the evening. Very, very embarrassing!
It's a shame one person ruins what is supposed to be a great experience for so many people. If I end up sitting next to him at one of the other concerts (and knowing my luck I will) and he whoops into my ear I will be complaining for sure.

#50 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

It was even worse at Les Mis when he did it and I was unfortunate enough once to be sat in front of him & we had to tell him to calm down as I was seriously worried that my hearing would be damaged! Something needs to be done. I for one will really think twice before going to see Ramin in anything again and I'm sure I'm not the only one after that display on Tuesday night. It's really annoying for everyone. Ramin did so well to ignore him until he got so bad that he had to intervene. Really really embarrassing and could have a negative impact on future Ramin events if something isn't done about him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users