* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Guest_Elliott_*

Guest_Elliott_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

Can anybody confirm that the souvenir brochure has been updated for the new cast? The photos on the website are still of the previous cast.

#42 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Don't know why this has not been mentioned on the board yet - in a radio interview Hugh Jackman has personally confirmed the rumours that he will appear as Valjean in the film of Les Misérables.

http://www.playbill....in-Les-Miz-Film

Blood Brothers, Chicago, End of the Rainbow, Ghost, Hair, Hairspray (UK Tour), Legally Blonde X2, Les MisÚrables X3, The Lion King, Matilda, The Phantom of the Opera, Spamalot (UK Tour), Sister Act, Sweeney Todd (Chichester), We Will Rock You, Wicked X3

#43 Danilo

Danilo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostElliott, on 04 July 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Can anybody confirm that the souvenir brochure has been updated for the new cast? The photos on the website are still of the previous cast.

No - annoyingly just an insert of Alfie and Matt.
Having publicised this cast change hugely I think that's pretty poor.

#44 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostElliott, on 04 July 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Updated brochure won't be ready for another 4 weeks minimum. There is a double-sided insert with Alfie and Matt on it though!
Hasa diga eebowai

#45 Guest_WEW_*

Guest_WEW_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

View PostElliott, on 04 July 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]Don't know why this has not been mentioned on the board yet - in a radio interview Hugh Jackman has personally confirmed the rumours that he will appear as Valjean in the film of Les MisÚrables.

It has been mentioned - in the Les Mis Film Cast thread currently languishing on page 2.

#46 Guest_Nev_*

Guest_Nev_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

So - I've seen the new cast twice now and would like to share some impressions. Both times have been spontaneous standing tickets so can't comment too much on facial expressions (yet - I'm nerdy enough to have about 5 stalls shows coming up).

Overall, the great surprise for me was Craig Mather. I think he's absolutely brilliant. I didn't particularly like him at the Classic Brits but wow, he's really in his right element at Queens. I've seen loads of Mariuses and he is, if not the best, then very close. Love his interpretation and fantastic chemistry with Lisa-Anne Wood's Cosette. For once, a Cosette that actually interests me a little bit too. But I agree with previous poster, it is a slightly dull role.

Alfie Boe... is Alfie Boe. Not much to say. He's brilliant, of course, singing and diction are perfect and the acting's perfectly good. Objectively I can see that he's doing a fantastic job - but personally, I don't think JVJ is an operatic role. My favourites remain JOJ and Jonathan Williams, by far. But Alfie really couldn't be better. Simon Bowman should be ashamed that he stayed on for as long as he did, when he clearly couldn't carry it. Strictly talking about his singing - if you cannot sing all the notes in the score, then maybe it's time to step down. His acting has already been discussed to bits.

Hadley Fraser - Brilliant acting (especially the suicide), but I prefer Norm's richer voice. Would have loved a combination of the two.

Alexia Khadime - She's ok. No complaints, except she seems awfully tall next to Mather's Marius. Not sure why that is an issue for me (it shouldn't be) but I can't seem to get over it.

Liam Tamne - Oh, was he actually in it? Clearly didn't leave much of an impression on me, but he was in no way bad either. I'm sure he'll get better and more powerful as times goes on. Seems to have loads of potential, both vocally and acting-wise.

Overall, a strong cast. But there are no words for how much I miss Jeff Nicholson and Gavin James. Gavin's bishop was the best I've seen. The ensemble usually takes some time to leave an impression, so hoping that they will grow on me as we go on.

#47 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

View PostDanilo, on 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

No - annoyingly just an insert of Alfie and Matt.
Having publicised this cast change hugely I think that's pretty poor.

Wait, they've got an insert for the two big names they've promoted so much but haven't bothered to mention the whole cast in it? Charming.

#48 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

View PostCactus, on 04 July 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

Wait, they've got an insert for the two big names they've promoted so much but haven't bothered to mention the whole cast in it? Charming.

Yes, but to be fair, most people are gonna buy the brochure for Matt and Alfie. They are all mentioned in the programme, which has been updated.

Also, Matt and Alfie have already played their respective roles and the pictures were taken from then. The rest of the cast haven't been photographed yet!
Hasa diga eebowai

#49 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

I think this ensemble are fabulous already. I admit to being slightly biased because I Like Mary Cormack, but I saw their 8th show and they seemed so tight and vocally strong already. I very much liked the new Grantaire though I can't remember his name.

#50 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

View Postcat123, on 04 July 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

I think this ensemble are fabulous already. I admit to being slightly biased because I Like Mary Cormack, but I saw their 8th show and they seemed so tight and vocally strong already. I very much liked the new Grantaire though I can't remember his name.
Adam Linstead. He played Grantaire on the tour last year too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users