* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les Misérables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#441 The Wicked Blonde

The Wicked Blonde

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm going to make sure I see the show lots this year as I guess once the movie comes out it will be much harder to get deals as everyone will be going to see it again.

Also do you think Matt Lucas will ever return to the show? I was away travelling during his run and unfortunately missed him.
ex cast member Kerry Ellis is nominated aswell actually.

Also, what is the best soundtrack I should buy? There seem to be a couple on iTunes, which is most similar to what we see on the west end now?

#442 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

[quote name='The Wicked Blonde' timestamp='1334052754' post='216761']<br />I'm going to make sure I see the show lots this year as I guess once the movie comes out it will be much harder to get deals as everyone will be going to see it again.<br /><br />Also do you think Matt Lucas will ever return to the show? I was away travelling during his run and unfortunately missed him. He's actually been nominated in this poll for who you would want to see return to the west end: <a href='http://westendframe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/poll-who-would-you-most-like-to-see.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://westendframe....ike-to-see.html</a><br />ex cast member Kerry Ellis is nominated aswell actually.<br /><br />Also, what is the best soundtrack I should buy? There seem to be a couple on iTunes, which is most similar to what we see on the west end now?

I love the one from the tour with John Owen Jones.

#443 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostThe Wicked Blonde, on 10 April 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

Also do you think Matt Lucas will ever return to the show? I was away travelling during his run and unfortunately missed him. He's actually been nominated in this poll for who you would want to see return to the west end: http://westendframe....ike-to-see.html
ex cast member Kerry Ellis is nominated aswell actually.
Are you posting for any reason other than to constantly promote the blog and its silly little (and very random) poll?!

And to answer your question, I hope Lucas stays as far away from Les Mis as possible. Most self-indulgent performance I've ever seen with no respect or understanding for the show and character.

#444 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

[quote name='Cactus' timestamp='1334129080' post='216872']<br />Are you posting for any reason other than to constantly promote the blog and its silly little (and very random) poll?!<br /><br />And to answer your question, I hope Lucas stays as far away from Les Mis as possible. Most self-indulgent performance I've ever seen with no respect or understanding for the show and character.

And little asides,gestures and a silly voice to remind us he was Matt Lucas from the telly.As horrible as the (alleged) Bob the Builder references from Neil Morrisey as Fagin.

#445 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

To be fair to Bob the builder, Rowan started that in Oliver with his bear and Mr Bean additions and Omid added his touches from his past too.  I think Matt started his own comedy  trend in Les Mis,  and they have gone for people who can really act the role with suitable serious darkness since.

#446 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I like Adam Linstead's Thenardier; funny and dark

#447 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yeah omid did it in Oliver and it really bugged me, it takes you out the moment and pantos it up which for me is wrong in a show like oliver

#448 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Sarah Lark (Of I'd Do Anything fame, since appeared in a variety of shows and CDs), has announced she will be joining the cast in June. Fantine I'm guessing.

#449 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostFireFingers, on 12 April 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

<br />Sarah Lark (Of I'd Do Anything fame, since appeared in a variety of shows and CDs), has announced she will be joining the cast in June. Fantine I'm guessing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Or just a member of the company

#450 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I would of thought her profile would be too high for regular company parts, she does seem to have grown in stature over the past year or so as well, with the lead on the Bluebird album, and the lead in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users