* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#541 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I went to see it on Tuesday (my 12th time - LOVED it. I think the show is in a fantastic shape with the new cast and Geronimo is quite something as Valjean) and she wasn't on. I had a friend who then saw it on Wednesday afternoon and she wasn't on then either.

EDIT: A quick check of the Les Mis twitter feed tells me that Sierra came back on Thursday 9th August. Must've been a pretty nasty cold/cough/infection!
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#542 chinatoy

chinatoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ah thank you, I'm delighted to hear it as I have a ticket to see the show next week and she was the reason I booked this time.

#543 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Sorry to go off topic briefly but today i was talking to someone who said Craig Mather (Marius) and Sarah O Conner (Swing) were dating, Now i may have the wrong end of the stick but i was sure i read somewhere Craig was openly gay, but i may be wrong! just wondering if any one knew if they are actually dating?

#544 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 19 August 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Sorry to go off topic briefly but today i was talking to someone who said Craig Mather (Marius) and Sarah O Conner (Swing) were dating, Now i may have the wrong end of the stick but i was sure i read somewhere Craig was openly gay, but i may be wrong! just wondering if any one knew if they are actually dating?

I wasn't under the impression that Craig was gay, but that's all I know on the matter!

#545 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

I honestly don't think it's any of our business.

#546 ldntheatregoer

ldntheatregoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

In the Gay Times photoshoot a handful of the Les Mis boys did a while ago, Craig mentioned he was gay, so he doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone knowing.

#547 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

View Postldntheatregoer, on 20 August 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

In the Gay Times photoshoot a handful of the Les Mis boys did a while ago, Craig mentioned he was gay, so he doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone knowing.
No, but I generally think discussing 'rumours' about any performer's personal life and relationships is neither necessary nor appropriate.

#548 Wickeder

Wickeder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Having read the Gay Times article, it was full of inaccuracies.

I believe they mixed up Craig and Liam Tamne - attributing the openly gay quote to the wrong guy. Not only that they managed to call Liam "Leon" throughout.

I follow Craig on Twitter, and a happy holiday snap he posted last night would tend to confirm the above :)

Again, not that it matters.

#549 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostWickeder, on 20 August 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Having read the Gay Times article, it was full of inaccuracies.

I believe they mixed up Craig and Liam Tamne - attributing the openly gay quote to the wrong guy. Not only that they managed to call Liam "Leon" throughout.

I follow Craig on Twitter, and a happy holiday snap he posted last night would tend to confirm the above :)

Again, not that it matters.

Ah that makes sense because in the same section it mentioned his father being from an ethnic background which made no sense in relation to Craig and perfect sense in relation to Liam or Leon as the article referred to him, also as you said the picture he posted on twitter, suggests they are together which is lovely and they look like a very cute couple! I generally don't like to discuss actors personal lives as it is NONE of our business but just wanted to check as the person who originally mentioned it to me is planning on saying something to them the next time she sees them which I think isn't very appropriate as I already said there personal lives are not our business but it could have been an awkward situation if they were not dating ( which they may actually not be) so thanks for all the replies but let's get back now to talking about les Mis

I don't know if anyone saw a tweet from Liam recently suggesting he was tired of being in the show and said something along the lines that he was "waiting to finish", I think he leaves in January with some other cast members so only a few months left to catch the current cast!

#550 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostCactus, on 20 August 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

No, but I generally think discussing 'rumours' about any performer's personal life and relationships is neither necessary nor appropriate.

So don't partake then and let others get on with it if they wish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users