* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les Misérables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#581 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

http://www.backstage...raking-it-tour/
don't know if anyone's seen this.
I don't know how likely it is that this will happen. I'd say the chances are slim
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#582 robintusin

robintusin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Sierra Boggess will definitely have left the show by January 21st, as from that week she will be playing Christine Daae in The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (for a limited time). This follows the news that the 25th Anniversary Performance of Phantom on Broadway will be held at The Majestic Theatre on 26th January.

Confirmed on the official Phantom Facebook page and in Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail...Tom-Cruise.html

#583 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Do we know who is taking over Marius when Craig leaves? I've heard Oliver Saville is being promoted to Enjolras when Liam goes, is the same thing happening with first cover Marius?

#584 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Double post

#585 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Great news for Sierra, suppose it was said she was only in Les Miz for a limited time...wonder who will be replacing her??
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#586 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View Postcat123, on 19 October 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

Do we know who is taking over Marius when Craig leaves? I've heard Oliver Saville is being promoted to Enjolras when Liam goes, is the same thing happening with first cover Marius?
May I ask where you've heard that? I know it's been one of the option they've been considering but I don't think that decision has been made yet... I simply can't imagine him as principal, especially going by his vocal performance. And no, I don't believe a Marius announcement has been made.

#587 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Someone told me that Oliver was hired for ensemble on the understanding that he'd be promoted after Liam leaves. It's not an official source though.

#588 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Postrobintusin, on 19 October 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Sierra Boggess will definitely have left the show by January 21st, as from that week she will be playing Christine Daae in The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (for a limited time). This follows the news that the 25th Anniversary Performance of Phantom on Broadway will be held at The Majestic Theatre on 26th January.

Confirmed on the official Phantom Facebook page and in Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail...Tom-Cruise.html

It's a shame Sierra is leaving before Cast change. I'm going on the 1st December aswell though so hopefully I'll get to see her then as I've been looking forward to seeing her Fantine!
Great news about Phantom though, she's a wonderful Christine :)
Also, I've yet to pass judgement on Oliver Savile as Enjolras but he'll be on as him on the 1st so I'm looking forward to seeing his interpretation of the character. I've heard both good and not so good things about him, but going on looks (which I know you shouldn't do, but anyway - ) he looks very book!Enjolras which makes me excited!
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#589 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Oh it would be nice to have an Enjolras whose voice made you want to head up those barricades!

#590 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

I've never seen a bad Enjolras. Admittedly, I've only seen 4... David Thaxton was my first and my favourite. Full of charisma and charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users