* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#611 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostHammerToFall, on 06 November 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Hold on, isn't Vicky Entwistle Janice Battersby from Coronation Street? Good grief I wouldn't have expected that.
Yes that's the one!  :blink:

#612 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Announced on Twitter today that Samuel Edwards (previously ensemble in Ghost, 1st cover Sam Wheat) will be joining the cast in January 2013. Any idea who he's going to play?

And any rumours/confirmation of Sierra's replacement as Fantine yet?
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#613 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Oliver Savile's replacement wasn't announced on the website with the other cast change announcements, so I'd guess he's taking over the part of Feuilly from him.
Sierra's replacement has already been announced - Celinde Schoenmaker

#614 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Thanks, I'd somehow missed that one.
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

#615 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Cannot wait to see Celinde, was devastated to see her miss out on the Dutch production of Ghost.  Amazing talent.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#616 perrier

perrier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

If you like "On My Own" I'm sure you will enjoy this video of Madalena Alberto, singing this beautiful song accompanied at the piano by the current Les Mis MD, Alfonso Casado... Enjoy it!! :))))

#617 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'll be honest - it doesn't matter how much longer she wanted to hold the 'known', that was... not very pleasant. And not in the way that fits Eponine (which I thought during the first minute), just really forced and awkward (which is how I remember her IDAD, too). Sorry...

#618 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Good grief that was so over-forced it was painful.  The first minute was actually quite nice, but around 1.50 it begins to sound like a cat screeching and completely ruins the song.  Sorry to be harsh, but that's one of the worst versions of the song I've heard, completely out of touch with the lyrics.  It's one of my favourite songs, and I certainly didn't love that version.  Give me Lea Salonga, Frances Ruffele or Sam Barks (her version from the movie) any day!

#619 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Loved Sam in GHOST, glad that he's back in employment so soon!

#620 perrier

perrier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thank you for your opinions... I love her version anyway! :))  Luckily there are different points of view in the world...:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users