* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#671 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Who is understudy Valjean at the moment? I'm going on Monday and I gather Geronimo is on holiday.

#672 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Chris Holland is the 1st understudy

#673 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3355 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

#674 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

loulou88, on 31 January 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

I am considering a return visit to see how Christopher settles into the role, I believe he will. I really hope everyone else will follow suit.

Ive really not like this cast since it changed last Jun. I went in July & thought it dire, went again last week to accompany a friend and to see Celinde, I thought she was great, but Caroline Sheen as Fantine is still a favourite.  I loved Linzi Hately, she's a brilliant Mdme Tand Craig is a lovely Marius, but as for the rest of the cast they are a shadow of the previous cast prior to June 2012. Shame Craig and Linzi have now left.
Chris Jacobsen made for a wonderful alternate JVJ and I feel he'll do brilliantly as Enjolras given some time. I'm watching it tomorrow night & ive booked specifically to see Chris. As you say he is probably "a rose amongst thorns". I'll let you know what I think too.  I love Les Mis and feel its strength is in it's strong cast and ensemble, lets hope I'm not too disappointed

#675 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

craftymiss, on 31 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Ive really not like this cast since it changed last Jun. I went in July & thought it dire, went again last week to accompany a friend and to see Celinde, I thought she was great, but Caroline Sheen as Fantine is still a favourite.  I loved Linzi Hately, she's a brilliant Mdme Tand Craig is a lovely Marius, but as for the rest of the cast they are a shadow of the previous cast prior to June 2012. Shame Craig and Linzi have now left.
Chris Jacobsen made for a wonderful alternate JVJ and I feel he'll do brilliantly as Enjolras given some time. I'm watching it tomorrow night & ive booked specifically to see Chris. As you say he is probably "a rose amongst thorns". I'll let you know what I think too.  I love Les Mis and feel its strength is in it's strong cast and ensemble, lets hope I'm not too disappointed
I really liked Geronimo as JVJ, ge is one of the best of thd fair few i've seen and think the cast at the moment (or as it was up until very recently as not seen recent additions) were/are really quite good. I think people get too invested in one cast and then struggle when they see new ones as they do things differently. I personally didn't like Caroline Sheen as Fantine much - only ever really enjoyed Jo Ampil in that role as the Fantines usually let me down.

#676 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I recently checked the cast list on the official homepage and now I have some random questions. Maybe someone can help me with this?

- They have an Isabelle Allen listed as Little Cosette- is this Isabelle Allen from the movie?
- Who has taken over 1st cover Eponine from Helen Owen?
- Has Liz SIngleton re-joined the cast or ist this a mistake on the homepage?

Thanks for your help :)

#677 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes, it is the Isabelle Allen from the movie.

Liz has rejoined the cast (I assume due to Helen's pregnancy) and I assume that she's the new Eponine cover (though I don't know whether she's 1st or 2nd cover - Sarah O'Connor has some shows at the end of next week) as they said on Twitter last week the new understudies, Sam Edwards and Liz, were rehearsing.

#678 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

thatgirlsophie, on 04 February 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yes, it is the Isabelle Allen from the movie.

Liz has rejoined the cast (I assume due to Helen's pregnancy) and I assume that she's the new Eponine cover (though I don't know whether she's 1st or 2nd cover - Sarah O'Connor has some shows at the end of next week) as they said on Twitter last week the new understudies, Sam Edwards and Liz, were rehearsing.

Thank you!

#679 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I saw Les Mis on Fri and it was OK. I knew Geronimo was on holiday but I didn't think Chris Holland was that great. I did however learn he'd had a recent bout of laryngitis so I have to respect that he probably wasn't on top form.  Celinde was wonderful, I really do like her. Chris Jacobsen was a fabulous Enjolras, reminded me a little of David Thaxton, but I'm biased as Ive seen him in concert and I think his voice is sublime.  Huge disappointment with Marius, not one bit of emotion, not towards Cosette and not towards Eponine when she died in his arms. A Little Fall of Rain usually makes me feel emotional but this was bereft of any emotion.  I'm going back in 5 weeks to see how it takes shape

#680 Chewing the Scenery

Chewing the Scenery

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hello,

I've written a blog piece on my website about Les Misérables for those who are interested, it includes a mini-review of my last visit to the show..

wp.me/p1mzMt-kI

I'll post a link to the second part (including full movie review from a theatre lover's perspective) here tomorrow!

- Harry Zing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users