* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#721 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

why is this pinned to the top?

#722 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Titan, on 16 March 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

why is this pinned to the top?

Yeah! Bit annoying !!

#723 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

pastaeater, on 16 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Whilst on the subject, what a loss it ha been to musical theatre that David Thaxton is no longer performing. An absolutely outstanding Enjolras.
I totally agree and also an excellent Raoul in Love Never Dies too.  He appears to be focussing on his band Unborn Twin

#724 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

he has always struck me as distant from musical theatre,  a bit cool for it, like it wasnt his first love or something

#725 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Titan, on 16 March 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

he has always struck me as distant from musical theatre,  a bit cool for it, like it wasnt his first love or something
There isn't just one type of Musical Theatre Performer.that everyone must adhere to and having other interests doesn't make a great performer any less great. There's no need to imply or assume anything.

Someone suggested Scarlett Strallen as Fantine earlier and as much as I like her, I can't see that at all. She's a good actress (and after seeing the current Fantine I really hope we'll get a good actress again sooner rather than later...) but I doubt she'd be comfortable with the score at all.

#726 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

i realise that and i wasnt implying anything. just the impression i got was that musical theatre wasnt his first love, not uncommon with musical theatre actors so if he is focusing on his own band it wouldnt surprise me

#727 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Can we unpin this please!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#728 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

^^^^^Yes please...or have a reason why it is pinned

#729 pastaeater

pastaeater

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Titan, on 16 March 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

i realise that and i wasnt implying anything. just the impression i got was that musical theatre wasnt his first love, not uncommon with musical theatre actors so if he is focusing on his own band it wouldnt surprise me
Yes - from what he says on Twitter I think you are right; good for him but a shame for the rest of us as I think he is very talented. His performance in Passion was one of the best things I have seen in a theatre.

#730 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

If you want to watch Davud Thaxton perform go and check out his band! They're very good ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users