* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#771 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Judging from the little snippets of cast news, part of me is really glad I chose to see it again the week before the cast change...none of the announcements so far have really made me feel the need to see it after cast change.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#772 SSB

SSB

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

wickedlover, on 04 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Judging from the little snippets of cast news, part of me is really glad I chose to see it again the week before the cast change...none of the announcements so far have really made me feel the need to see it after cast change.

Since when does Les Mis take on 'names'? With the exception of the lead up to its 25th Anniversary, Les Mis is one of the few shows that doesn't need so called 'names', the show makes 'names'!

#773 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Wickedlover never said it needed names. They just said the cast leaked so far didnt encourage them to go back. Two very different things. And i agree with them. The cast (excluding koek) maybe talented but none of the names leaked so far make me want to see it again

#774 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Not sure how I feel about Anton Zetterholm being rumoured to join the cast. I saw him as Tarzan in Germany (a part he got through a TV casting show) and while he does have a great voice I don't think he's the strongest actor. That was years ago though and he may have improved a lot since then.

#775 elissa

elissa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I agree. Even though I've heard nothing but good things about his recent performance in 'Elisabeth', I just cannot picture him as Enjolras. But let's wait and see how this turns out. It is just a rumour after all.
Anyway, I think that a West End role would be a nice step for his career!

#776 billyboy

billyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I also saw him as Tarzan in Hamburg and I don't think there is much room for acting in that show. It's more of a spectacle. In this video he sings "Für Sarah" from "Tanz der vampire" in Berlin last year. I think it's quite nice.

#777 CathyFromLex

CathyFromLex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Why is Les Mis casting so many non Brits in principal roles?

#778 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3362 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Maybe because they have probably gone through so many brits appropriate for the role.already over the years. Plus loads of Brits go into europe so its nice to be the other way around. I do t care where a performer is from as long as they are good in the role.

#779 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

billyboy, on 04 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I also saw him as Tarzan in Hamburg and I don't think there is much room for acting in that show. It's more of a spectacle.
A bit off topic so I'll keep it brief.
While I agree Tarzan is mostly a spectacle I saw Simon Thomas in the part and for me he acted the part really well. Anton lacked stage presence in my opinion.

#780 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't think it needs names...its just that there is no one joining the cast that is enticing me back after cast change, though I think Na-Young Jeon would be an excellent Fantine, love her voice in the Miss Saigon videos.

I'm also surprised at how short the contracts have been for those who have only recently joined the cast.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users