* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#781 pastaeater

pastaeater

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

How long are the new contracts?

#782 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm loving the European invasion, actually.

I also agree that Anton has a great voice, but would have seen him as more of a Marius or another student (not Enjolras).
As for the Dutch Fantine. Don't know her, but looking forward to her take on the role. Would have preferred Willemijn, but there you go. :P

As for Daniel Koek - let's wait to see who's first cast!
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#783 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostTitan, on 04 May 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Wickedlover never said it needed names. They just said the cast leaked so far didnt encourage them to go back. Two very different things. And i agree with them. The cast (excluding koek) maybe talented but none of the names leaked so far make me want to see it again

Indeed,  I have seen some excellent casts,  perform Les Mis over the  last 5 years, with one or more  truly excellent  people  in most roles over that  time,   so I need some incentive to go back too. At the moment,  its got a good cast with some people who I know are really good, and follow, and some really  good overseas casting for Valjean and Fantine - so I am off  again on 15 June. I need some incentive after cast change, though, and lots of unknown Europeans - who may be as good, or as bad, as some recent imports to Les Mis and Phantom isn't it. I just don't find it credible that you could have to  cast   multiple roles, including Fantine (again)  and Enjolras, overseas,  to get the best there is. Certainly not   when so many of the  best   domestic performers are invisible currently,   and there seems to be  a very strong crop of newcomers emerging from training this year. It looks like a marketing exercise for overseas tourists .

#784 Zermatt

Zermatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and Travel. Often these two combine!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Heard today from a good source that it was between Anton Zetterholm and Nadim Naaman for Enjolras. If that was the case, and Anton has got the part, then their choice has baffled me. No doubt Anton can sing, but he does NOT look or sound like a revolutionary young leader. Nadim was a magnificent Raoul, and is made for Les Mis. Hopefully they've given him another role in the show.

This reminds me of the Peter Joback Phantom casting.

#785 Cactus

Cactus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostZermatt, on 06 May 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Heard today from a good source that it was between Anton Zetterholm and Nadim Naaman for Enjolras. If that was the case, and Anton has got the part, then their choice has baffled me. No doubt Anton can sing, but he does NOT look or sound like a revolutionary young leader. Nadim was a magnificent Raoul, and is made for Les Mis. Hopefully they've given him another role in the show.

This reminds me of the Peter Joback Phantom casting.
I didn't realise there was a typecast for 'revolutionary leader'. Plus, I like Nadim but Hugo even describes Enjolras as a pretty, charming, blond, young man with delicate features in the novel.  If Anton is able to sing and act the part (and we can't judge that yet) I don't see what would speak against him.

#786 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Still no news on JVJ or Javert though. I was hoping Tam might stay on after cast change. I'm attending last night before cast change just to make sure I see this cast one last time

#787 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm also hoping Tam will stay on. I love him! I still haven't seen him in Les Mis yet (I've been meaning to!) but loved him in LND.

His fan group is collecting comments to put in his leaving book though...

Edit: I love Anton as Rudolf in Elisabeth... I hope he'll get the role.
Edit 2: People on Tam's fan group are now claiming he's signed for 6 more months.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#788 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think Tam has mentioned on Twitter that he is leaving. But that might be old news in case he has changed his mind now.

#789 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostSteffi, on 07 May 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think Tam has mentioned on Twitter that he is leaving. But that might be old news in case he has changed his mind now.

He said in person to me in March that he was leaving, but obviously that could have changed

#790 JD094

JD094

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'd heard he was leaving and then he re-signed, which I hope is true because he is my favourite Javert!

The new Valjean has a lot to live up to post Karimloo and Rauch though, I really hope they go for talent and not a name (not that the producers are often guilty of this in fairness).
WEST END SHOWS:
2009: The Sound of Music - Oliver!
2010: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables
2011: Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical
2012: Ghost the Musical - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Shrek the Musical - Wicked
2013: Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Matilda - The Phantom of the Opera - Viva Forever! - Wicked
2014: Jersey Boys - Les Miserables - Once - The Phantom of the Opera - Wicked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users