* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les Misérables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#791 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

JD094, on 07 May 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'd heard he was leaving and then he re-signed, which I hope is true because he is my favourite Javert!

The new Valjean has a lot to live up to post Karimloo and Rauch though, I really hope they go for talent and not a name (not that the producers are often guilty of this in fairness).

I suppose it depends on what you mean by a name.  If it was a name within the musical theatre world then that would be OK, I'd love to see John Owen-Jones return to the role.  Going by the casting so far it looks like you have to be foreign to be in with a chance

#792 Alistair

Alistair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Does anyone know what the situation is with getting cancellation/returns on the day for Les Mis? I'm going to be in London this Saturday and will try for the lottery for The Book of Mormon - however, I know the chances of getting tickets for that are slim, so I wanted a backup.

I could get day tickets at 10am for a couple of other shows (they are cheap enough that I wouldn't mind forfeiting them if I'm lucky enough in the Mormon lottery), but just wondered if they have a cancellation queue at the Queen's box office immediately before a (Saturday) performance?

#793 pastaeater

pastaeater

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

craftymiss, on 07 May 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I suppose it depends on what you mean by a name.  If it was a name within the musical theatre world then that would be OK, I'd love to see John Owen-Jones return to the role.  Going by the casting so far it looks like you have to be foreign to be in with a chance
Oh no, not John Owen-Jones again!!! He has an excellent voice I'll agree, over-acts like mad, and wouldn't it be great to see someone else get a chance in this role??

#794 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

^^ YES!!! I totally agree on the overracting, thats why I dont like his Phantom. Although I like him as Valjean funnily enough

#795 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I have never seen him live, but vocally for me he wipes the floor of any other JVJ!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#796 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

JOJ is great vocally but Jonathan Williams or Geronimo rauch have acted it better for me.

#797 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

tommo2k, on 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

JOJ is great vocally but Jonathan Williams or Geronimo rauch have acted it better for me.

Rauch didnt do it for me at all. In fact for me the current cast is so weak I want to weep.  Tam's Javert is good as is Celinde's Fantine, Jacobsen's has really grown into Enjolras and as ever Blakely & Linstead do a sterling job, but Marius & Eponine are well below par

#798 pastaeater

pastaeater

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

tommo2k, on 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

I thought Jonathan Williams was absolutely brilliant as JVJ. What a pity not to see him in the West End anymore; acting-wise absolutely wiped the floor with JOJ for me.

#799 TracyK

TracyK

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, crime books and sci fi

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Alistair if the show is sold out I think they do standing tickets on the day and of course there will be a returns queue which will sell tickets for face value if sold out.  You can always try to see what tickets they have if you have no luck with Mormon.
There's Always Tomorrow

#800 Alistair

Alistair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

TracyK, on 09 May 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Alistair if the show is sold out I think they do standing tickets on the day and of course there will be a returns queue which will sell tickets for face value if sold out.  You can always try to see what tickets they have if you have no luck with Mormon.

Thanks very much. I'll give it a go - probably won't bother with the standing tickets, but happy enough to pay face value for a decent seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users