* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#841 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Tam's fan page has confirmed he is staying as Javert.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#842 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

http://m.playbill.co...-Les-Miserables

#843 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Is anyone going tonight? I would like to know how Dan Koek does as JVJ

#844 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 17 June 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

Is anyone going tonight? I would like to know how Dan Koek does as JVJ

When does Geronimo leave?  I am going in September and don't want to see Daniel.

#845 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Anyone been tonight? Like to know what Carrie Hope Fletcher was like as Eponine!

#846 Brujon

Brujon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Gero should stay until next June. And Dan's alt days should be Monday & Thurday.

View Posttommo2k, on 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

When does Geronimo leave?  I am going in September and don't want to see Daniel.

#847 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

I Went Tuesday

Dan Koek- acting slightly wooden & Vocally So-So probably needs time but somehow i don't think it would help him

Carrie Hope Fletcher- mutton dressed as lamb comes to mind.The problem is not her age it's the youthful looks of Marius. An older Marius would have addressed this Point. However her  acting & singing proved to be ok.

Anton Zetterholm- Again maybe it's early doors but he didn't show any outstanding qualities but was competent. Vocally slightly thin voice.

Na-Young Jeon (Fantine) -A really smooth tone to her voice but the diction can be questioned seriously needs to work on the acting & characterisation. I hope for her sake it comes off since a voice like that deserves a chance.

Wendy Ferguson  - Strong performance,  vocally seems very comfortable & acting wise provided  her own take on Madame Thénardier which was refreshing & enjoyable

Rob Houchen (Marius)- IMO the best on the night of the newbies I was convinced by his characterization made easier by his fine acting & his voice did not let him down. His lower range is full & warm & his youthful looks completed the package .

#848 Brujon

Brujon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree most of your points!

I think Rob definately could do better after a few performances. But yes I agree he is the best newbie so far :-)

View PostStage Hand, on 20 June 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I Went Tuesday

Dan Koek- acting slightly wooden & Vocally So-So probably needs time but somehow i don't think it would help him

Carrie Hope Fletcher- mutton dressed as lamb comes to mind.The problem is not her age it's the youthful looks of Marius. An older Marius would have addressed this Point. However her  acting & singing proved to be ok.

Anton Zetterholm- Again maybe it's early doors but he didn't show any outstanding qualities but was competent. Vocally slightly thin voice.

Na-Young Jeon (Fantine) -A really smooth tone to her voice but the diction can be questioned seriously needs to work on the acting & characterisation. I hope for her sake it comes off since a voice like that deserves a chance.

Wendy Ferguson  - Strong performance,  vocally seems very comfortable & acting wise provided  her own take on Madame ThÚnardier which was refreshing & enjoyable

Rob Houchen (Marius)- IMO the best on the night of the newbies I was convinced by his characterization made easier by his fine acting & his voice did not let him down. His lower range is full & warm & his youthful looks completed the package .

#849 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostBrujon, on 20 June 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Gero should stay until next June. And Dan's alt days should be Monday & Thurday.

Dan has said that his alt day will be Monday, so only doing one show a week it seems

#850 Brujon

Brujon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Wow, I see! thanks for correcting!

View Postthatgirlsophie, on 20 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Dan has said that his alt day will be Monday, so only doing one show a week it seems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users