* * * * - 1 votes

The Ongoing Les MisÚrables Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Poll: Les Mis dress rehearsal (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Les Mis song would you most like to sing at a dress rehearsal?

1. At the End of the Day (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. Bring Him Home (4 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Do You Hear the People Sing? (7 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I Dreamed a Dream (3 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

6. Look Down (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Master of the House (5 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. On My Own (8 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. One Day More (15 votes [26.79%])

Percentage of vote: 26.79%

10. Stars (12 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#941 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

^^^ this!!
So many people dont 'get' sarcasm, humour, self deprecating on social networking. Ive seen it happen so many times with people on twitter having to defend something they said as a joke

Nothing wrong wth not liking his performance, but blaming twitter is insane. Especially when you actually lool at what little he posts on les mis.

#942 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postharveyjnr, on 10 August 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

anyone see niall sheehy as enjolras? for someone so twitter confidant i expected more his performance first time or not. it was lacking in power, sexiness... enjolras is an alpha male and i'm afraid i was hugely underwhelmed. his voice just dorsn't have the strength.

Firstly, I think you may be misinterpreting his messages, which is very easy to do on social networking sites as you can never really understand the tone that the message is set in. I had the pleasure to meet Niall just the other day and he did not come at all across as arrogant or full of himself. I completely agreed with what Titan has previously said in regards to social networking and how what he posts has no relation to his performance. Also, bear in mind it was his first performance understudying Enjolras. Ok, so in your opinion his performance wasn't perfect or how you were expecting, but most actors take a good few runs to get settled into the role, especially when understudying another character.

#943 Luna

Luna

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Saw the show last night. It was my 6th visit and I hadn't seen it in over a year (unfortunately missing a whole cast change). I went particularly to see Niall Sheehy as Enjolras but also got Chris Holland as Valjean which was a pleasant surprise. A shame I'll not get the chance to see Daniel though.

The whole cast was great. The problem with having seen a few amazing casts now is that I get so picky and find myself a little underwhelmed sometimes, yet they were all great.

Cameron was a fantastic Thénardier as always. I had only ever seen Katy Secombe as Madame Thénardier before, so it was strange with someone new, but Wendy was really great, with the right amount of menace.

Na-Young Jeon was a very good Fantine. Acting-wise not as strong as the other two I've seen, but was nice to have a slightly younger-seeming Fantine. And vocally probably my favourite Fantine.

Carrie Hope Fletcher was a really good Eponine. Great voice and she seemed very natural in the role, yet I just felt there was something missing and I can't explain what! Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I wasn't as moved by On My Own as I usually am.

Rob Houchen was a lovely Marius. Great Empty Chairs. Samantha Dorsey was fine as Cosette.

Tam was a great Javert but because I've seen 3 other amazing Javerts I wasn't blown away, but Stars is always stunning and his was no exception.

Thought Niall was brilliant as Enjolras. Lovely strong voice, great presence, really glad I went to see him.

And Chris was a wonderful Valjean. Maybe not so strong at some parts as others I've seen, but a great performance. I particularly like his voice with the softer more gentler bits and really liked his Who Am I? And his Bring Him Home was just beautiful.

I love this show so much.

#944 sam22

sam22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the thoughts, just worked out I haven't been back to Les Mis since 2007, I really should see what the show is looking like at the minute!

#945 SondheimLover

SondheimLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Les Miserables has just been voted the greatest musical of all time in the JemmThree top 100 musicals chart. Congratulations to a marvelous show. You can check out the full list of shows in the chart here: http://www.jemmthree...t/?pageTop100=1

#946 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Russell Watson ??!!

#947 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Last time they hired an opera star to play the part I wasn't that impressed. Lets hope Russell can act!

#948 DeNada

DeNada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Postfreckles, on 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Not a huge surprise given that he's just done a Boublil and Schonberg album.

He was great in the Kristina concert.  Whether he can act this I don't know.

#949 Stage Hand

Stage Hand

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

What next Katherine Jenkins to sing along beside him playing Eponine . The things CMack does to keep the ticket sales churning-business is business

#950 BalletOperaMusical

BalletOperaMusical

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

View Postcat123, on 07 October 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Last time they hired an opera star to play the part I wasn't that impressed. Lets hope Russell can act!
Er..he is NOT an opera star. He is a hugely popular singer, yes, but not an opera singer (NEVER!).  But,, I don't think that was the point you were making (sorry).  I heard him sing BHH on TV, but was not impressed.  He could not manage the higher range.  I hope at least he can act... a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users