#21 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

View PostMark_E, on 26 June 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

If you are on the centre two seats either side your view is affected by the handrails slightly. I was back row so just leaned forward as nobody was behind me.

What was the view like there - I have booked the back row for a trip down in September.

#22 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Distant, but watchable. I don't like sitting upstairs, I've become so used to the front stalls now so it was difficult for me at first, and you do miss out on some of the facial expressions (especially Caissie because of her long hair) but when these seats are 25 and the stalls are 65, you get what you pay for.

#23 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. That isn't too bad then.

I can't afford to many good seats during that weekend, as I am seeing 6 shows over 4 days. Already have tickets for 3 of the 6, and 2 of the remaining 3 are day seats!

#24 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

A few deals I noticed for the Previews which I thought I'd share...

Lastminute.com are doing Grand Circle seats for 15 (up to 30 off) for Monday-Wednesday performances it appears... could include Thursdays as well which I didn't think it was too bad...

Also got an email from Ambassadors with an offer for a 45 seat (top price Grand Circle seat) for 25... Only for Monday-Wednesday performances until 27th July... just enter code: ATGUPGRADE and select the discount in the Grand Circle section :)

Off to see this Monday 4th July.... we're paying full price to see it first time how its meant to be seen then if its good and want to repeat view then we'll go for the cheap seats in the gods :) cannot wait
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#25 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

I saw the show tonight. I though it was awesome. So so clever. Few stand out performances :

Sharon D Clarke is an absolute scream as Oda Mae Brown. I've been a fan of hers for years and she really didn't disappoint. Had me in stitches.

Richard Fleeshman really really surprised me. I didn't think much of him in Legally Blonde (warner is a bit of a nothing role, though) but I thought his voice was absolutely superb tonight.  Really strong acting too. You really felt for him at points, when no one was listening/believing him.

Caissie Levy. What can I say. She's got one hell of a voice and the role suits her to a tee. A total joy to watch. Great to have her here and I hope she stays. Hehe.

Special mention to Jenny Fitzpatrick who I loved when I saw her in Little Shop of Horrors, was fabulous when I worked with her on Rent and got to show off her amazing voice in this show. Loved it.

The show itself is visually spectacular. Very different to anything that's around at the moment and takes full advantage of the latest techincal stuff out there, which is great to see. Some of the effects are just mind blowing, I've never seen anything like some of the stuff I saw on that stage tonight. It's thrilling.

The music was good, I kinda wanted a bit more from it, a lot of them seemed quite cut short but still very enjoyable. The totally out of place 'Ball of Wax' is just bizarre though. It's so unnecessary and ruins the pace/magic.

That's it for now. :)

#26 AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostMark_21, on 27 June 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

A few deals I noticed for the Previews which I thought I'd share...

Lastminute.com are doing Grand Circle seats for 15 (up to 30 off) for Monday-Wednesday performances it appears... could include Thursdays as well which I didn't think it was too bad...

Also got an email from Ambassadors with an offer for a 45 seat (top price Grand Circle seat) for 25... Only for Monday-Wednesday performances until 27th July... just enter code: ATGUPGRADE and select the discount in the Grand Circle section :)

Off to see this Monday 4th July.... we're paying full price to see it first time how its meant to be seen then if its good and want to repeat view then we'll go for the cheap seats in the gods :) cannot wait

Thanks for those. I was gonna hold out until cheaper tickets/discounts/concessions were avaliable, but the 15 deal sounds great!

#27 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Booked for Tuesday! D11 stalls. I want to tipex out the price on the ticket so I don't cry haha! But it's Caissie :D I have no doubt it will be worth it.

#28 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

Ball of Wax is a definate 'marmite' song!  I can understand the placement of it to lift the mood after Sams death and I thought the way it was done in Manchester was OK but needed a little re-working for London, mainly with the projections as it sort of looked out of place visually.  It seems they have gone too far with it though now!

The original actor who played the Hospital Ghost has been replaced for London and the reason seems to be they wanted a tap dancer!  It will be interesting to see what happens to this, I know in Manchester the show was tweaked virtually every night for the first 2-3 weeks which was after all was the reason for an out of town try out.  Ball of Wax needs to stay as its a pivotol part of the show where Sam begins to learn about the ways to cope with the afterlife he has found himself in and at best they should revert back to the Manchester format and loose the 'thats all folks' visual which sounds crazy.  If this does not happen I can see the critics having a field day on press night for which I feel sorry for the new actor in the role.

This is an amazing show and is unlike anything seen in the West End before and if they can cure this achilles heel of a scene the show will be unstoppable!

I must stress I have not seen the London production yet, first viewing is on the 19th July but I saw the show 12 times in Manchester.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#29 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

saw this last night. mesmerisingly good. the visual effects are unlike any i've seen before and i cannot for the life of me work out how they do certain things! the actors were all immense. i'm not one to finger point, segregate one actor from the company.. nit pick.. they were all top class. i don't think i'll be going back to see it a second time but i did really enjoy this show.

#30 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

I see on the ATG website there are standing places at the back of the dress circle, does anybody know anything about these ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users