Caz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, walking around London

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hi Everybody,

Went to see Ghost this afternoon, agree with everyone about the Ball of Wax song!

Also wanted to mention seating...... l was front row Dress Circle...l think they call royal circle, l had seat one.....but the far right of the stage you cannot see at all and when Carl gets taken you miss it totally... so be careful on seating.... l would suggest sitting almost centre whether it be stalls or dress circle.

Enjoy!

Best wishes
Cazzle!

#32 SteveL

SteveL

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

I went to see this on Saturday (Matinee) and it really was enjoyable. The staging is excellent and the special effects work really well. We had the centre of the first row of the Royal Circle and the view was fantastic.

I was reall surprised at how many empty seats there were. I was expecting it to be full but certainly in our section you could have turned up on the day and got a good ticket. Looking down on the stalls, there were also quite a few empty seats down there as well. Not sure about the upper circle.

It's a show I would like to see a few more times yet. If I was going to be critical, my crtitcism would be that I didn't really think the music was that memorable. Apart from about one song (I ahd a life), there wasn't really anything else I would listen to on a CD.

The acting was great.
Miss Saigon x 14, Phantom of the Opera x 11, Dreamboats and Petticoats x 15, Priscilla Queen of the Desert x 7, Blood Brothers x 27, Love Never Dies x 8, Legally Blonde x 3, Sunset Boulevard x 4, Starlight Express x 7, Sister Act x 3, Flashdance x 5, We Will Rock You x 2, Sweet Charity x 2, Mamma Mia x 2, Les Miserables x 4, Ghost the Musical, Shrek the Musical, Smokey Joes Cafe, Billy Elliot, Jersey Boys, Fantastiks, Dirty Dancing x 2, Legacy Falls, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoats, Evita, Grease x 2, Wicked, The Rise and Fall of Little Voice, Calendar Girls x 2, Hairspray, Thriller x 2, Run for your Wife x 2, Avenue Q x 4, All The Fun Of The Fair, Aspects of Love, Deathtrap, Tap Dogs, Stomp, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Cats, The Lion King, Oliver, Chicago, The 39 Steps, Lend me a Tenor, Crazy for You, Carousel, An Inspector Calls, An Ideal Husband, Hair, Woman in Black

#33 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

hi, I'm interloping again but I have a dvd trailer of this which I got sent and if anyone wants it, PM me and I will pop in post. I looked at it and it isn't very long but it is a nice souvenir is for someone who collects this kind of theatre stuff.

#34 Guest_Lucyloo (no signed in)_*

Guest_Lucyloo (no signed in)_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi there

i want to see the show tomorrow (havent ot my tickets yet) do they have any discount on the day?

does anyone know how you buy the boxes?

thanks

#35 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Tonight!!! I might be just a little bit excited... :D I've missed Caissie, I can't believe it's taken me so long to go. I'm a bad bad fan ;)

#36 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

Went to see this on Monday night... my partner and I paid full price as we wanted a good seat for all the special effects etc.... we'd really built this up in our heads I think expecting it to be amazing and hoping it would be!! Don't get me wrong its very good but just not as outstanding or brilliant I had hoped I think!! Its really just the film with added songs which yes do express the emotion the person is feeling but doesn't completely move the story forward... what i found quite annoying was it literally was word for word of the script... scenes that were funny in the film have just been lifted and placed in the show! so you knew the punch line coming so it was less funny if you know what I mean? I thought the songs were good though and could have used a few more in my opinion! They need to get rid of Ball of Wax like NOW!! it was completely out of place and it did nothing for me! I looked at my partner in a WTF??? type of way... i thought the leads were great and so was the set and the effects were great too! I would go again to take other people to see it but I think you can take all you can get from just one viewing!! 3 stars from me not bad but not excellent :)
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#37 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

My advice to get through the 'ball of wax' song without breaking mood is to concentrate on Richard!

I went last night, not as many tears as I was expecting but I was very impressed. I've been a fan of Caissie for years but I thought the whole cast were fabulous and of course the effects were brilliant.

#38 Guest_DaZza_*

Guest_DaZza_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

In regards to 'day seats' there are no official discounts , depending on how busy the performance on the day is will reflect the offer you get at the box office . On the Friday I went upper circle 25 was reduced to 15 , 45 to 30 , 55 to 35 and the top price 65 to 40 (i accepted the 40 and got dead centre row H - fantastic view) . On my third visit on the Monday , i went to the same lady at the box office as was offered top price stalls reduced to 25 and was in row D of the stalls (there were quire a few empty seats at this performance , side stalls , premium etc) - so really the box office is playing it by ear i assume, hope this was some help !!

#39 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Wow! Deffos want me a 25 stalls seat!!!

#40 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostMark_21, on 05 July 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

Went to see this on Monday night... my partner and I paid full price as we wanted a good seat for all the special effects etc.... we'd really built this up in our heads I think expecting it to be amazing and hoping it would be!! Don't get me wrong its very good but just not as outstanding or brilliant I had hoped I think!! Its really just the film with added songs which yes do express the emotion the person is feeling but doesn't completely move the story forward... what i found quite annoying was it literally was word for word of the script... scenes that were funny in the film have just been lifted and placed in the show! so you knew the punch line coming so it was less funny if you know what I mean? I thought the songs were good though and could have used a few more in my opinion! They need to get rid of Ball of Wax like NOW!! it was completely out of place and it did nothing for me! I looked at my partner in a WTF??? type of way... i thought the leads were great and so was the set and the effects were great too! I would go again to take other people to see it but I think you can take all you can get from just one viewing!! 3 stars from me not bad but not excellent :)

I felt exactly the same when I saw it in Manchester. I'd built it up to be amazing, so was left a bit disappointed. But it was still very good, just not as good as I had thought. All about expectations I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users