698 replies to this topic

#631 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

WHEN this show goes on the road 'Matthew & Co' will be in full control of every element of it I have no doubt.  Although for the past 2 years it's all been Ghost and Matilda I can see the next two years being the same.  Both shows I know are very close to Matthew's heart.

As for the tour being easy to put on the road, yes this is true if they can just overcome the power consumption issues.  The set is minimal compared to other touring productions, for example Phantom of the Opera and can quite easily fit into most touring houses.  It is also not just about the final illusion though which is incredibly simple to achieve in any venue.

With regards to the show breaking even, yes I believe it has in the UK and the decision to curtail it now comes as audiences are slowly dwindling and the view has been taken to post closing notices before numbers become such as a weekly/monthly loss is made.  Broadway however is a different story.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#632 wetheatreboy

wetheatreboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostGhostmusicalfan, on 26 August 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

It is also not just about the final illusion though which is incredibly simple to achieve in any venue.

My point was, as it stands at the moment, the entire "apartment" set is designed around the final illusion. So I would expect to see an almost identical touring set to London, even though the illusion is simple.

Whilst the LED walls use up a lot of power, I don't expect that will be too much of an issue in most venues. Some touring venues have better facilities for power than the West End Theatres.

#633 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

And a lot have spaces near their scene dock to place a generator to aid power if needed too, I guess (remember the one at the Gielgud while Hair was running?).

#634 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Saw the show last night, thought I saw a notice for understudies in the foyer but didn't have a chance to look properly. The programme didn't have an insert in it but I noticed other peoples' did. Anyway, does anyone know who we're the understudies last night??

#635 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Twittter seems to be telling me that Rebecca Trehearn was on as Molly, No idea about who was Sam though!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#636 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

Thanks very much. I'm sure I saw two names in the foyer. Oh well shouldn't have let myself be rushed upstairs lol.

#637 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostMS1995, on 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Twittter seems to be telling me that Rebecca Trehearn was on as Molly, No idea about who was Sam though!

Pretty sure Mark was on as Sam last night from what I can gather.

The other name you will have seen will have been Callum on as Subway Ghost

#638 ajkb7926

ajkb7926

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

does anyone know how come mark was off at the weekend, was it just sickness? as i wwear he didnt have any holiday for it.

#639 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postajkb7926, on 31 August 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

does anyone know how come mark was off at the weekend, was it just sickness? as i wwear he didnt have any holiday for it.

Yeah- he lost his voice & had an injured neck/ shoulder

#640 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

Both shows on Thursday had Rebecca Trehearn play Molly and Callum Francis play the Subway Ghost, both were faultless in their performances as I witnessed, especially Callum who has played the role very little since February.

Rebecca continues as Molly for the rest of this week while Siobhan is away celebrating her birthday.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users