Ghost The Musical

• Please log in to reply
698 replies to this topic

#681 jennieb

jennieb

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, films, reading, keep-fit, travelling, gardening (OK so I have pot-plants on my balcony!!)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

I went to see the matinee last Thursday and had a wonderful time. Spent most of act 2 crying as did most of the people around me! Can't wait to see this show again when it's on tour next year. One of the ushers was talking about it opening in Cardiff? Anyone else heard that?
Ah, the smell of fresh bigos....

#682 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postjennieb, on 05 October 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

I went to see the matinee last Thursday and had a wonderful time. Spent most of act 2 crying as did most of the people around me! Can't wait to see this show again when it's on tour next year. One of the ushers was talking about it opening in Cardiff? Anyone else heard that?
  I think you may find that is not too far off the truth!
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#683 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wishing the entire cast and crew an amazing final 2 shows in London.  This show is closing far far too soon but at least we have the tour to look forward to next year.

Looking forward to the muck up matinee and then the most emotionally charged performance since it closed in Manchester last year.  As usual I'm on the front row and will be first on my feet at the end of both shows.

Believe!
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2

#684 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

We need a full review of the muck up matinee please! A really really sad day.

#685 Joysie

Joysie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

View Postsamsam1985, on 06 October 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

We need a full review of the muck up matinee please! A really really sad day.

There were quite a few. Immediate ones I can think of are

Act 1

During Unchained Melody after the line "Are yooooou still miiiiiine" Siobhan went "Why do you do that?" and Mark goes "You love it! MIIIIIIINE"

During "More" Susan the secretary was renamed Sally and she was flirting with Sam the whole scene so as he walked off to greet the Shanghai people Mark went "Stop with the flirting Sally! Ni Hao!"

Act 2

The Police Station scene in Rain/ Hold On- Olivia did her lines in an Australian accent and Paul was wearing a massive full on stick on moustache- we howled!

Talking Bout A Miracle- They all freestyle danced & instead of "Tell Stevie I love him" it was "Tell Susie I love her!"

During I'm Outta Here all the boys in the ensemble were topless under their sparkly jackets

During the Nun scene, Scott walked across as a streaker and flashed the Nuns

During the scene with Lionel Ferguson- Bobbi and Snooki were renamed James and Laurie.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head right now but those were the main ones- it was brilliant!

#686 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Do we agree with this behaviour?  I am always worried this matinee would be someone's only chance of seeing this show?
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#687 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

It depends, if its very small and doesnt actually infringe on or change the show then i guess its ok, but on the whole id say i dont. Its also a very clique thing to do as only the hardcore fans (and sometimes the actors on stage) are laughing and the rest of the audience are left out.

Not as annoying as fan girls who attend these type of performances though

#688 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 07 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Do we agree with this behaviour?  I am always worried this matinee would be someone's only chance of seeing this show?

I think most shows have a muckup matinee. This Ghost muck-up matinee doesn't sound as extreme as some final matinee's

#689 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

The muck ups were pitched just right for me, the majority of them were aimed at the regular believers who have followed this show from day 1 and had no impact on the show at all, in fact I think I personally found the matinee more emotionally charged than the final evening one.

There was certainly no acting required from Mark, Siobhan or Sharon in the final farewell scene at both performances, real emotion and real tears.
2013:

#690 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostMusicalTalk, on 07 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

For me it depends on the kind of show, I think in a show like Ghost, which is quite a sad show, the muck ups have to be in suitable places where it doesn't spoil the show.  I went to the Rock of Ages one a couple of weeks back and they did things throughout (and I've never laughed so much), but as it's not such a serious show, and the cast usually muck around anyway, the actual muck ups didn't feel out of place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users