- - - - -

Wicked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fat Producer_*

Guest_Fat Producer_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'm qutie tempted to go back but is it still fresh?

I notice this show doesn't really discount. Is it still selling really well?

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

I think it is still doing very well, from recent visits, and hearing from friends the only days they aren't full are Weds matinees during school times.  You be more likely to get day tickets during school time, these are much cheaper.

The show was slightly re-vamped (slight changes to set and choreography) for the July 07 cast change, which brought in Dianne, who is fantastic as Glinda.  The cast is very consistent and does a great job every night- it certainly isn't feeling tired at the moment.

#3 Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*

Guest_Guest_chgriffiths_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2008, 03:36 PM) View Post
I think it is still doing very well, from recent visits, and hearing from friends the only days they aren't full are Weds matinees during school times.  You be more likely to get day tickets during school time, these are much cheaper.

The show was slightly re-vamped (slight changes to set and choreography) for the July 07 cast change, which brought in Dianne, who is fantastic as Glinda.  The cast is very consistent and does a great job every night- it certainly isn't feeling tired at the moment.

Just wondering out of interest what the changes are they made?

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2008, 03:36 PM) View Post
The show was slightly re-vamped (slight changes to set and choreography) for the July 07 cast change, which brought in Dianne, who is fantastic as Glinda.

Absolute crap. The set and choreography is the same at the moment as it was in September 2006 in London wink.gif

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

Actually, the choreography isn't, the set however is!

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2008, 05:02 PM) View Post
Actually, the choreography isn't, the set however is!

What set changes have been made? Just out of interest.

#7 Singingadream

Singingadream

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2008, 06:19 PM) View Post
What set changes have been made? Just out of interest.

They were saying the set hasn't changed!
I would go and see wicked after june 7th because there will be a new cast!
so you wont really see people who are bored in the role

#8 Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

I expect that you talk to individuals in the cast then to know that they are bored in the roles??
If you're referring to Kerry Ellis, why the hell would she sign on to come back to London after Broadway if she was bored of the role? She would certainly get a role in something else if she decided to leave.
Don't say things you actually don't know even if you do cross it out

#9 visitor

visitor

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

I went to the show on Fri 9 May.
The house was not really full. (around 20% of the back was empty.)
My friend who did not buy ticket in advance, he got 20pounds ticket on the balcony 1 hours before the start.
On that night, all leading role performed by the understudy(they all are very good.).
I was a bit disappoint Kerry Ellis was not the show that day.

I guess It was not full house(Friday night) because of no real priniciple actor on that day.

#10 Aranel

Aranel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

I'd also advise going after June 7th if a 'fresh' feel is what you're looking for.

A brand new cast always gives a show a slight boost for a while - they're more on their toes rather than going through the same motions on auto pilot.

And Jon - no reference to Kerry was made so no one is suggesting she is bored or that her performance lacks anything it did a year ago, however it is inevitable that some cast members will be bored after a year or more - I know enough actors (inc some in Wicked) to know that after a year of doing the same show 8 times a week they are more than ready to move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users