- - - - -

Wicked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

The appollo is known for sound problems and there are definate variences in sound quality around the auditorium,, but this is not unique to wicked.

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 23 2008, 09:10 AM) View Post
The appollo is known for sound problems and there are definate variences in sound quality around the auditorium,, but this is not unique to wicked.

Totally agree with above. In Wicked I find that generally the ensemble singing and the orchestra need to be louder and there needs to be a better balance between vocals and orchestra (generally vocals are way too loud). The sound at Wicked varies enormously depending on who the sound tech. It seems to have been worse than usual over the last few months. Maybe sound tech's have changed?

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(dancingginger @ May 23 2008, 08:16 AM) View Post
On a nightly basis I see this show as FOH staff and I think there are alot of people commenting here that don't really know what they are talking about and are making assumptions...

there has been no changes made to the set or choreography to show recently. One addition was added last year to the penultimate scene where the wizard finds out who elphaba really was. After some surveys were done of audience members, it was decided that some of the audience didn't quite get the thing about the green bottle and the relevance it has to the story. I believe London were the first to add this and it has also been added to the broadway show too.
Cast change means that a new cast comes in and learns the choreography. I'm very sure that both casts have been taught the same material, but as you can imagine everyone is a different person and therefore no people dance the same way which is why some of the choreography looks different. There are moments in the show where there is no set choreography and the cast were told to improvise in the style. Each show is slightly different.

I was the one mentioning changes in the choreography and whilst they weren't done recently, there have been changes made shortly after the new cast started as well as making slight changes to some of the tracks. None of these were major but changes nevertheless.

I am also highly bemused that one person mentions going after cast change as they won't see people that are bored in their role and the only name that comes up is Kerry Ellis. I wonder why? laugh.gif

#24 Jon - Thenardier

Jon - Thenardier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

About the choreography,

I haven't seen this since last June but it wouldn't suprise me at all if the Choreography has changed. there isn't much of Wicked where the ensemble are all doing the same thing so if a new ensemble member comes in they would obviously change bits of the choreography to suit strengths. A great example of this is when they enter Oz and there is a few dancers who do their own thing. This changed from the Royal variety to when I went to see it so it has prob changed again now.

#25 AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hey, I'm hoping to go to the Wednesday June 4th matinee. Really hoping to see Kerry Ellis before she finishes, just wanna check if she regularly does these performances? Even if she doesn't usually, do you think she'd try and do all of her final week anyway? If she's ill, then obviously nothing can be done about that, but just wanna check if she usually does the matinee on a Wednesday.

Thanks.

#26 dancingginger

dancingginger

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(AvenueQResident @ May 24 2008, 04:57 PM) View Post
Really hoping to see Kerry Ellis before she finishes, just wanna check if she regularly does these performances?

There is nothing to guarantee that The Ellis will be on on that date. She seems to be taking alot of time off, using up her holiday before she heads off to broadway. Though I imagine that she would be doing most of the performances in her last week, but matinees are always a little dodgy. It seems she just picks and chooses what she wants to do at the moment.
Sammy x

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(dancingginger @ May 26 2008, 08:04 AM) View Post
There is nothing to guarantee that The Ellis will be on on that date. She seems to be taking alot of time off, using up her holiday before she heads off to broadway. Though I imagine that she would be doing most of the performances in her last week, but matinees are always a little dodgy. It seems she just picks and chooses what she wants to do at the moment.

erm, not true. She's suffering with a persistent throat infection which she can't shake off and is therefore being careful and protective of her voice.

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

dancingginger- I'm seeing the show Weds 28th matinee.  Do you know if she'll be on? (Has she been taking days off recently, due to illness or whatever?)
Thanks

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

More than likely not, Kerry was off yesterday and is off today as well.

#30 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(jim @ May 18 2008, 08:15 PM) View Post
I got discounts for it from the Hippodrome ticket booth in leicester square.....38 for a best seat (normally 60 i believe..) and it was a great seat...

When was that (if you can remember): which month, and was it a Tues Mat, or a MonTuesWed?

I did see a few offers (eg meal deals) a while ago, but nothing lately - except maybe a 'free' meal with ticket for 60?

----------------------------------------------

I saw the show last Friday night (May23): my first time.

At Stage Door afterwards, Boq was looking uncomfortable, & said he'd hurt his neck - I hope he's recovered OK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users