65 replies to this topic

#11 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

Elena is absolutely stunning in the role.

#12 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

I remember the happy old days of last year, when people said that they'd heard it was coming off around about April or May of this year....only to have loads of posts saying "They're auditioning for new cast members now, so you're obviously wrong".

#13 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

That would answer my question about Elena staying or leaving! Someone had posted ages ago that Elena had extended her contract so she obviously hasn't if it's closing.

#14 electric1

electric1

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

After reading some of the reviews I had no desire to see Evita.  But a friend suprised me with tickets one night and I have to say I loved it.  I thought Elena was magnificent.  Well done to all the wonderful cast!

#15 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

I loved it too- thought it far better than a turgid tour i saw a few years back with Marti Webb in the title role. Would have liked to see this again but prob wion't get back down to London before it closes now.

#16 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(annon @ Feb 27 2007, 11:21 PM) View Post
Evita was given it's notice today and will close at the end of May to pave the way for Joseph.

For Joseph?! Isn't that a bit like clearing all the chocolate out of your house to make way for lutefisk?

As for extending contracts, I would imagine that everyone has been offered an extension to their contract to cover the six weeks between the planned cast change and the closure.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

26 May is confirmed as the closing show. Elena was having talks about whether she was staying or going. I believe a 'new' cast will be in place from mid April for the 6 week run.

#18 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

Devastated by this... OK, so the production had its flaws and I wasn't overly thrilled by Michael Grandage's take on it, but the cast were (are!) beyond amazing and the piece itself is a bloody good one.  Just wish they had promoted it more and cashed in on its rave reviews...last time I visited the production, the people next to me said they had absolutely no idea this was running in the West End until the special offers appeared!

Does anyone know what's happening to Philip Quast now?  He was originally scheduled to leave on 14th April along with some other cast members...will they see out the rest of the run now, or are they actually going to bother re-casting?

#19 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

What's the likelihood of a tour?  I'm sure there are many other people like me out in the regions who would love to see this production of Evita.
I won't be called a baggage!

#20 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Feb 28 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post
For Joseph?! Isn't that a bit like clearing all the chocolate out of your house to make way for lutefisk?

As for extending contracts, I would imagine that everyone has been offered an extension to their contract to cover the six weeks between the planned cast change and the closure.

Ah that explains it. Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users