- - - - -

The Whole Show Is A Fix.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anon_*

Guest_anon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

I wouldnt trust what they show us on tv at all after what I heard this week.

The remaining Nancys went onstage at the Royal Court to do some acting work ....all the names were put into a hat to decide the order in which they performed. Out came the names....one by one. But SHOCK HORROR....They 'forgot' to put Jesse's name in the hat. So she went last......

When it came to filming their short performances.... they each had one take only...as thats what they were allowed...Each one did theirs.....and then Jesse's turn comes.....and not only was she conveniently given the longest time to practise and work with the script, but she was also allowed >6< takes to get hers right.

Its absolutly shocking. I may be wrong..but I dont imagine for one minute when they show the footage they will allude to the fact that she needed 6 takes to do her scene....while the others were allowed one only.

People are wasting their money voting for their favourite nancy (if its not Jesse) cos they sure as hell have decided who will be winning it......

#2 Guest_Suziesoo_*

Guest_Suziesoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

Oh my god I was going to mention this at some point too...I have a friend who works there and they told me this too....I think its shocking. When peoples money is being spent on voting I think its important this kind of thing is looked into seriously.

#3 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

Its always the same with shows like this. Our money goes to the theatre performing arts fund or whatever is. like they need it. I dont phone vote as I dont see why I should pay for some rich kids whos mummys and daddies earning 100 grand a year plus already and could easily afford to send thier kids to acting school no probs.
At the end of the day it will be either Sam or Rachel wholl win.
Fix is the word. It wasthe same with Grease, Joseph and The Sound Of Music.

#4 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

I am starting to believe that Jessie isn't destined to win this

I have been convinced for a long time that it was where we were heading
but tonight, something changed and I think she might not be secure.  I certainly don't get the impression of any enthusiasm for her from the people I am talking to (people who are not involved in the profession in any way)

I think ALW is swinging behind Samantha now - which is equally wrong (but for slightly different reasons)

#5 abalafae

abalafae

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(timbawundakin @ May 17 2008, 09:07 PM) View Post
Its always the same with shows like this. Our money goes to the theatre performing arts fund or whatever is. like they need it. I dont phone vote as I dont see why I should pay for some rich kids whos mummys and daddies earning 100 grand a year plus already and could easily afford to send thier kids to acting school no probs.

I seriously resent this and have no idea where you get you information from! I would love to go to drama school and will definately have to have funding from somewhere, whether it's th PA fund or somewhere as there is no way I or my mum- I come from a single parent family- could afford to pay the fees. I know for a fact that when do my applications next year that I wll be struglin g to find the money to pay the audition fees! I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation either or taht I'm the only one who finds coments such as yours rude, unkind and clearly not thought through. If you check out the info on the various different webites, you'll find that funding does only go topeople deserving and who need it!
We taught the world new ways to dream.

#6 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(abalafae @ May 17 2008, 09:19 PM) View Post
I seriously resent this and have no idea where you get you information from! I would love to go to drama school and will definately have to have funding from somewhere, whether it's th PA fund or somewhere as there is no way I or my mum- I come from a single parent family- could afford to pay the fees. I know for a fact that when do my applications next year that I wll be struglin g to find the money to pay the audition fees! I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation either or taht I'm the only one who finds coments such as yours rude, unkind and clearly not thought through. If you check out the info on the various different webites, you'll find that funding does only go topeople deserving and who need it!

What was it that drama student girl said last week on the show??? Something about our money enabling her to go to drama school?? Why the hell should I pay for kids like her to attend drama school when I can barely afford to feed my own son these days? I appriciate what your saying. I am a single mum myself so I know where youre coming from .But I dont think The money spent on calls to shows like IDA goes to the right places.

#7 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(timbawundakin @ May 17 2008, 09:23 PM) View Post
What was it that drama student girl said last week on the show??? Something about our money enabling her to go to drama school?? Why the hell should I pay for kids like her to attend drama school when I can barely afford to feed my own son these days? I appriciate what your saying. I am a single mum myself so I know where youre coming from .But I dont think The money spent on calls to shows like IDA goes to the right places.

Nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to vote. Or at least I assume not. Unless the show is seriously stepping up its efforts to make sure the right person wins.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#8 Guest_FP2_*

Guest_FP2_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

I think maybe you just shot yourself in the foot there timba. I don't think you recognise that it is a performing arts bursary, not donations to performing arts schools. "some rich kids whos mummys and daddies earning 100 grand a year" is most definitely not going to successfully receive any of the money. Surely, if your son grew up and, like abalafae, needed access to a similar fund you wouldn't discourage him.

#9 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(timbawundakin @ May 17 2008, 09:07 PM) View Post

There are a lot worse places our money goes to!!!  Very ignorant, insensitive and unnecessary.  If you don't like the show don't watch it and don't log on to forums like this!

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

I sent an email to the BBC saying I was carrying out a campaign for Rachel, would they like to film it.   They replied saying they FORBID me to do it cos BBC had the rights to Nancy and I couldnt publically do it

I thought this was strange as other people have done campaigns and it was shown

So from another email address, I emailed saying I was doing one for Jessie, and they were totally on for it saying they were glad and could I send more details to see if it was worthy of filming!!!!

FIX FIX FIX!!!!!!!!!

They want Jessie to win, no doubt about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users