- - - - -

The Whole Show Is A Fix.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_fertii_*

Guest_fertii_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

I just wanted to point out that that Jessie is the only contestant from the Republic of Ireland and the ROI can't vote at all. She doesn't even have the Northern Ireland vote behind her because there are two Northerners in the contest. That means that Jessie has absolutely no votes from her hometown which are the ones you can usually rely on through campaigning etc.

So no matter what goes down in the Nancy challenge its the votes that matter and Jessie is getting through on pure votes from people that like her (as opposed to the Isle of Sam vote!)

#12 Guest_jan mcdowall_*

Guest_jan mcdowall_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 17 2008, 10:07 PM) View Post
I sent an email to the BBC saying I was carrying out a campaign for Rachel, would they like to film it.   They replied saying they FORBID me to do it cos BBC had the rights to Nancy and I couldnt publically do it

I thought this was strange as other people have done campaigns and it was shown

So from another email address, I emailed saying I was doing one for Jessie, and they were totally on for it saying they were glad and could I send more details to see if it was worthy of filming!!!!

FIX FIX FIX!!!!!!!!!

They want Jessie to win, no doubt about it

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

THE RUMOUR IN THE WEST END IS THAT RACHEL HAS ALREADY SIGNED HER CONTRACT FOR NANCY, AND NAOMH (APOLOGIES IF SPELT WRONG) HAS SIGNED TO PLAY LIESL IN THE SOUND OF MUSIC. LIKE MANY OTHERS I THINK THESE PROGRAMMES ARE FIXED AND WON'T VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 18 2008, 09:49 AM) View Post
THE RUMOUR IN THE WEST END IS THAT RACHEL HAS ALREADY SIGNED HER CONTRACT FOR NANCY

Improbable, given that this would mean that the programme was obtaining money by deception. Given that there's no advantage to having any particular person win - the voting audience would turn up to see Skippy the Bush Kangaroo play Nancy if they'd voted that way - those in charge of the show would have to be exceptionally stupid to risk prison sentences by awarding the winning role in advance, and people who believe they've done that would have to be exceptionally stupid as well.

They may have been in talks with certain people to offer them work if they don't get to win, like they did with Lewis Bradley as alternate for Joseph, but believing that the winning role has already been awarded and contracts signed goes well beyond the bounds of sanity.

LIKE MANY OTHERS I THINK THESE PROGRAMMES ARE FIXED AND WON'T VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not voting: great idea. Thinking it's fixed: borderline crazy. Why would they want to risk criminal prosecution to ensure the victory of one complete and utter nobody over another, and why would they want to ensure the victory of an unpopular contestant when their entire business plan is based on selling tickets to the people who voted for the winner?
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#15 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

Well - it didnt matter who won soapstar superstar but it was still fixed.
These shows are edited to manipulate the votes. Its just this time its harder to do as there isnt someone in it with joseph tattoed to their forehead.

#16 Guest_Guest_maymay_*_*

Guest_Guest_maymay_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(jaqs @ May 18 2008, 10:36 AM) View Post
Well - it didnt matter who won soapstar superstar but it was still fixed.
These shows are edited to manipulate the votes. Its just this time its harder to do as there isnt someone in it with joseph tattoed to their forehead.

Jessie will win no doubt about  it.the public  do not like Rachel.hello.how many sing offs now.Jessie is Nancy all the  way

#17 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(Guest_maymay_* @ May 18 2008, 10:45 AM) View Post
Jessie will win no doubt about  it. Jessie is Nancy all the  way

I certainly hope not.

#18 Guest_Skippy_*

Guest_Skippy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

How very dare you bring the great and good Skippy TBK into this debate! Skip would never lower him (or her) self as to appear on a reality TV show of this nature! Yes, there were talks about Skippy the Musical with reality TV casting to play the part of the Bush but this was just hearsay and nothing substantial behind it, currently but please watch this space.

Whats that you say Skippy? ALW is a what!?????

#19 Guest_jessie for bush_*

Guest_jessie for bush_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

I think Jessie would make a wonderful Bush, she already has the right movement.

#20 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 18 2008, 11:00 AM) View Post
Why would they want to risk criminal prosecution to ensure the victory of one complete and utter nobody over another, and why would they want to ensure the victory of an unpopular contestant when their entire business plan is based on selling tickets to the people who voted for the winner?

That's my point too - Where's the benefit for the BBC in fixing the show? Especially in times like this when all shows are getting investigated so much to make sure everything is squeaky clean. Why would they risk having to pay out a massive fine like ITV have had to, just to make sure some complete unknown gets to live out their fairytale?
The stakes are far too high for them to fix the show, especially when what happens after the show is finished is of no consequence to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users