#21 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(jessie for bush @ May 18 2008, 12:42 PM) View Post
I think Jessie would make a wonderful Bush, she already has the right movement.

... laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#22 Guest_itsmebaby_*

Guest_itsmebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

I don't think it is a fix - that is more the shout from those who don't get what they want and think by stamping their feet and throwing their toys out of the pram they will get attention. Jessie would never be Nancy in a million years, Despite decent vocals she  is an ungainly performer in many ways and not at all interesting to watch.

As for the money going to support/fund people for college well they've said that from the start and it is your choice to vote or not. MInd you the number of people at drama school who are from VERY priviliged backgrounds it is little wonder there is some scepticism out there but equally there are people who are hard up who have scrimped and saved. Not that they necessarily deserve it over students at any course at a uni, for instance as it is no more valid a course than your typical uni student but appropriate given this tv show is effectively promoting musical theatre.

#23 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

[quote name='itsmebaby' date='May 18 2008, 12:13 PM' post='34759']
I don't think it is a fix - that is more the shout from those who don't get what they want and think by stamping their feet and throwing their toys out of the pram they will get attention. Jessie would never be Nancy in a million years, Despite decent vocals she  is an ungainly performer in many ways and not at all interesting to watch.

I disagree, I think Jessie is fascinating to watch--not because I think she's good, but because her awful movements really interest me and her dancing is just like mine--dire---she isn't Nancy to me, I must add----it is just so great to see really terrible dancing on prime time TV-----

#24 Guest_Skippy_*

Guest_Skippy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Of course the rumours are rife about Jessie as the Bush but unfortunately Jessie's Bush just does not match up to the requirements as yet, although they may be thinking of "re-defining" the bush so that it is red from its usual green/bush like state.
The original description in the book by Charles Duckens is rather unclear as it states that the Bush has been hanging round for about 12 years since the age of 6. It also clearly states that the Bush is Australian and not irish however this is open to interpretation by the producer (Cameron Trenchcoat) and the "alleged" team of experts on the panel. Although gossip has it that the whole thing is rigged and we are being manipulated into voting for a certain contender I would like to make it clear that Skippy him (or her) self has had no influence in this matter and wishes to distance him (or her) self from such matters.

#25 Guest_Kelper_*

Guest_Kelper_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Skippy @ May 18 2008, 12:59 PM) View Post
Of course the rumours are rife about Jessie as the Bush but unfortunately Jessie's Bush just does not match up to the requirements as yet, although they may be thinking of "re-defining" the bush so that it is red from its usual green/bush like state.
The original description in the book by Charles Duckens is rather unclear as it states that the Bush has been hanging round for about 12 years since the age of 6. It also clearly states that the Bush is Australian and not irish however this is open to interpretation by the producer (Cameron Trenchcoat) and the "alleged" team of experts on the panel. Although gossip has it that the whole thing is rigged and we are being manipulated into voting for a certain contender I would like to make it clear that Skippy him (or her) self has had no influence in this matter and wishes to distance him (or her) self from such matters.

#26 Guest_Kelper_*

Guest_Kelper_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

Fix?....twaddle!
Influence?....of course!....naive not to think so when £millions are involved!

Rachel is the only one that ticks the investment box.....all the others have a range of risks attached.

Money dictates....

However....the public do vote in the end....so....who knows?!

#27 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

If it was truly a fix would they have paired Jessie up with Rob?  They were obviously the two worst dancers!

I do think this is the first of these shows where there was no clear front-runner.  I think they should bring back the Josephs again.

#28 Guest_Guest_cara_*_*

Guest_Guest_cara_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 18 2008, 12:50 PM) View Post
QUOTE(itsmebaby @ May 18 2008, 12:13 PM) View Post

I disagree, I think Jessie is fascinating to watch--not because I think she's good, but because her awful movements really interest me and her dancing is just like mine--dire---she isn't Nancy to me, I must add----it is just so great to see really terrible dancing on prime time TV-----

Made me laugh soooo much!  Thanks for that!  Love it!

#29 Molly-L

Molly-L

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 17 2008, 11:07 PM) View Post
I sent an email to the BBC saying I was carrying out a campaign for Rachel, would they like to film it. They replied saying they FORBID me to do it cos BBC had the rights to Nancy and I couldnt publically do it

I thought this was strange as other people have done campaigns and it was shown

So from another email address, I emailed saying I was doing one for Jessie, and they were totally on for it saying they were glad and could I send more details to see if it was worthy of filming!!!!

FIX FIX FIX!!!!!!!!!

They want Jessie to win, no doubt about it

That's definately a fix. Do you mind if I do the same as you, and email the BBC requesting to do the same things as you?

#30 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(foxa @ May 18 2008, 06:24 PM) View Post
If it was truly a fix would they have paired Jessie up with Rob?  They were obviously the two worst dancers!

If they'd paired Jessie with any of the other Josephs just imagine how bad she would have looked. At least paired with Rob she didn't look as bad as she could have.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users