The Whole Show Is A Fix.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(jessie for bush @ May 18 2008, 11:42 AM) View Post
I think Jessie would make a wonderful Bush, she already has the right movement.

Do you mean George Bush? I can't see the resemblance myself. However, we have a very nice bush with red berries out back that I am sure she could play.

#32 Guest_Guest_Emily_*_*

Guest_Guest_Emily_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

Well sometimes it does seem like the whole thing is a fix, I agree.

However, if you were going to fix it, why would you do it so that a girl who can't dance, can't act, can't do a cockney accent and can only sing well when she's standing still can get the role?! That makes no sense to me.

Oh and to whoever said that rich kids won't be the people who get money from the Perfoming Arts fund, don't be so sure! Plenty of them did last year!

#33 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 17 2008, 10:22 PM) View Post
There are a lot worse places our money goes to!!! Very ignorant, insensitive and unnecessary. If you don't like the show don't watch it and don't log on to forums like this!

Why not?? My opinion counts too.
Ahhh Ignorance is bliss.......

#34 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(FP2 @ May 17 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post
I think maybe you just shot yourself in the foot there timba. I don't think you recognise that it is a performing arts bursary, not donations to performing arts schools. "some rich kids whos mummys and daddies earning 100 grand a year" is most definitely not going to successfully receive any of the money. Surely, if your son grew up and, like abalafae, needed access to a similar fund you wouldn't discourage him.

I wouldnt expect some other poor bugger to pay for his fees either mate. wink.gif

#35 Guest_Agog_*

Guest_Agog_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

Remeber they have around 4 months to have the person they want fully trained up for the role, voice lesson, accent classes, dance classes. You can do a lot in 4 months and then another 6 weeks rehearsing on top of that! I
t's not like the other shows where they have gone straight into rehearsals!

#36 Guest_Guest_brad_*_*

Guest_Guest_brad_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

blink.gif [quote name='Agog' date='May 19 2008, 12:56 PM' post='35121']
no one has won one of these shows after they have been in a sing off, neither Conie or Lee had done a sing off so that is Rachel out, its Jessie Sam or in my opinion  the best all round bet Jodie
Lets face it Jodies is Nancy through and through so unless they want a big change ffrom the streotype and the public will want familiarity its JODIE it wind

#37 Guest_Guest_kim_*_*

Guest_Guest_kim_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

It is a fix

but it will be Sam and Jodie in the bottom two.

#38 Guest_Guest_emily_*_*

Guest_Guest_emily_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Agog @ May 19 2008, 12:56 PM) View Post
Remeber they have around 4 months to have the person they want fully trained up for the role, voice lesson, accent classes, dance classes. You can do a lot in 4 months and then another 6 weeks rehearsing on top of that! I
t's not like the other shows where they have gone straight into rehearsals!

Why not just get in any old girl off the street then, if theres that much time?

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Guest_emily_* @ May 19 2008, 04:08 PM) View Post
Why not just get in any old girl off the street then, if theres that much time?

Urm....... because it's not televised and that's the whole point of the show!!!! Think about it!

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

4 months is nothing. Most people study for years to become MT performers (and I don't just mean at drama school, I mean before and after that too). It's a continuous journey, you can't "speed learn" vocal training in 4 months that takes years to form a voice properly. Sure, there will always be exceptions - but I have yet to see them on any MT casting reality TV show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users