• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#101 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

Agree with you angelfan

#102 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

Andrew is clearly gunning for the older girls, he  was rude again. He is a nasty mean spirited man.

Sam's rendition of defying gravity was pitiful, I have seen Wicked, and she was awful. She was behind the beat and flat in several places, but of course the chosen one can not be criticised. Jesse was lack lustre, ditto Niamh. Jodie and  Rachel are the only two left capable of doing this role.

I think John B is getting fed up of some of the favourtism and the blatantly stupid comments of the other judges, he looked fed up with them and their antics. He is losing his sparkle and I think its because he is fed up with the silly games they are playing and  he wants to be honest, I liked how he stuck up for Jodie was ALW was so rude about her being a big girl.

#103 Guest_Guest Sa_*

Guest_Guest Sa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 17 2008, 09:45 PM) View Post
Andrew is clearly gunning for the older girls, he  was rude again. He is a nasty mean spirited man.

Sam's rendition of defying gravity was pitiful, I have seen Wicked, and she was awful. She was behind the beat and flat in several places, but of course the chosen one can not be criticised. Jesse was lack lustre, ditto Niamh. Jodie and  Rachel are the only two left capable of doing this role.

I think John B is getting fed up of some of the favourtism and the blatantly stupid comments of the other judges, he looked fed up with them and their antics. He is losing his sparkle and I think its because he is fed up with the silly games they are playing and  he wants to be honest, I liked how he stuck up for Jodie was ALW was so rude about her being a big girl.

Does Oxford Simon like anyone? How about Stephanie D'Abruzzo from Avenue Q? I would like to see you criticise her.

#104 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

My preferred Nancy is Jodie

I know some people don't like her - but she is spot on for my view of the role of Nancy

(and I am not sure why you quoted that particular bit which was by an unidentifiable guest and then asked who I liked...)

#105 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

I was actually there in the studio tonight! Will post detailed thoughts tomorrow :-)
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#106 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

Have you seen Jessie's dance routine tonight, lol. She really can't dance,  tongue.gif  Could it be any more obvious?

#107 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 18 2008, 01:36 AM) View Post
Have you seen Jessie's dance routine tonight, lol. She really can't dance, tongue.gif Could it be any more obvious?

They didn't do her any favours by repeatedly showing that clip of her falling over in rehearsal either...although it was very funny wink.gif

#108 Guest_morven82_*

Guest_morven82_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Unfortunately I was at work last night when the show was on and only caught bits of it when I wasn't busy. Having just watched/ listened to Sam's Defying Gravity I agree with the earlier comments...horrendous! I haven't seen Wicked (but I want to) so I looked it up in YouTube and even having an asthma attack at the 2004 Tony Awards Idina Menzel was SO much better!

Rachel hits too many bum notes, Jessie is dull and repetitive (the constant grabbing at her hair, neck or dress really annoys me, as does the singing out a corner of her mouth) and Niamh MUST GO! She is a young Cilla Black when she sings. Sure, Jodie's rendition of Holding Out for a Hero was quite cabaret, but that's the kind of song it is!

Who knows what's going to happen...

#109 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thought you might like to see this delayed opinion of the show

http://colouredlights.wordpress.com/2008/0...action-delayed/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users