#81 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

and so begins the wait for spoilers...

i'm sure i should have better things to do on a saturday night!
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#82 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 17 2008, 08:37 PM) View Post
Bottom two could well be Jessie and Niamh

Possibly but if anything that my be down to John Barrowman's systematic destroying of Jessie's confidence. She has been my fav from Day One.she is just how I imagine Nancy to be but I  have this horrible horrible feeling that The Great British Public will vote for that 'nice northern girl jodie'.ergggh!! God Forbid.love Sam as well rolleyes.gif

#83 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

I thought ALWs comments about Jodie being akin to Meatloaf were terrible, She sang fantastically and gave a really good performance.
Sam was awfull. She was all over the place and trying too hard to sing her chosen song perfectly. It was clumsy and out of time with the music. F**ck knows how the panel didnt spot that one.
Rachel....Good but not the best.
Jessie....Quite good actually but a bit on the nervous side.
Niamh....zzzzz

#84 Guest_Hel_*

Guest_Hel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I thought Rachel was the best tonight by far. Beautiful at the start and she did well to stay in tune and deliver on the "money notes".  I found her performance to be very moving and think she'd make a terrific Nancy and keep the critics and the audience happy.
Verdicts on the others:
Sam--good singer, decent rendition, but she smiles at inappropriate times and didn't act in that song at all.  Great song choice but it didn't work for me and she is now my least favourite.
Jessie--a bit bland, bad movement, but in tune, she seemed extremely nervous.  Just not good enough, which is a shame.
Jodie--poor choreography but she did well, bit of a karaoke song choice, ridiculous outfit.
Niamh--loved the song, wasn't right for her.

#85 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 17 2008, 08:25 PM) View Post
Everyting

perhaps we should club together and send her a letter 'h' as a present

It may be cruel but I laughed so hard at that comment I cried a little.

I thought accents like hers only existed in bad racist jokes. One of my best friends is Irish and she thought Jessie was taking the mick when she heard her for the first time...
It's quite sweet as a speaking accent but I agree with JB - when she sings I can't understand a word.

Did anyone else notice a few dodgy microphones tonight?

#86 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

There were some mixing issues with the songs tonight

I could hear Jodie above the others in the opening number (and she wasn't at her best in that)

#87 Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have to say the girls were a bit silly this week, they have the chance to pick whatever song they want and only one choses a song from an actual musical.

Surprisingly I actually liked Sam and Rachel this week whereas Jodie went way done in my estimations.

#88 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

Nice to see some of the Josephs back but shame Chris B didnt get to dance when he is easily the best dancer of the lot of them.  He would only have shown up how bad some of the others were though.  

Jessie and Rob were truly awful

#89 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Jodie- I liked it!
Rachel- Some of that was actually very good breath control I thought, liked it
Sam- Really bad
Jessie- She's just boring
Niamh- Please go away
I wish the panel would shut up sometimes!!

#90 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 17 2008, 09:39 PM) View Post
Jessie and Rob were truly awful

I totally agree. They stood out like a metaphorical pair of sore thumbs - you could see they were completely out of step from the others dance-wise, and Jessie really seemed to stand out from the others in that she did NOT cope well with singing during a fairly energetic routine.
It's a shame - I thought Jessie was going to do quite well at the start of the competition but now I just can't for the life of me understand how she's still in it when fantastic performers like Sarah have been booted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users