- - - - -

Defying Gravity...ouch!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_itsmebaby_*

Guest_itsmebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

That was just hideous in almost every sense on last night's show. Still at least she tried something from musical theatre but that's about the only positive with that performance.

#2 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

It wasn't her best performance, no. At least she took a risk though, that's not an easy song to sing! She should have had less choreography and more just belting it out.

#3 Guest_itsmebaby_*

Guest_itsmebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 18 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
It wasn't her best performance, no. At least she took a risk though, that's not an easy song to sing! She should have had less choreography and more just belting it out.

true it was a risk and it was tough, but that doesnt really, nor should it, count for much if she cannot deliver it. Yes the choreography was laughable

#4 Guest_Guest_sam_*_*

Guest_Guest_sam_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

How she escaped this week without any bad comments on her performance is beyond me. Ive seen better amateur versions on youtube of that song...poor Idina having to look like she was enjoying sams destruction of the song. It was shrill and out of her range...and she has the charisma of a sink. She has to go.

#5 Guest_itsmebaby_*

Guest_itsmebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Guest_sam_* @ May 18 2008, 01:07 PM) View Post
How she escaped this week without any bad comments on her performance is beyond me. Ive seen better amateur versions on youtube of that song...poor Idina having to look like she was enjoying sams destruction of the song. It was shrill and out of her range...and she has the charisma of a sink. She has to go.

mind you Idina's vocals on DG have been pretty piss poor at times to say the least: the Tonys, Royal Variety performance and endless youtube links for others recorded from theatre.

#6 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

quite - i think idina is probably the last person in a position to criticise other people's pitching.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#7 Guest_guest Sally_*

Guest_guest Sally_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

Am I missing something?? Was it really that bad?? No way was she the worst of the night, Jessie takes that prize for the 2nd week running.
I'm gonna say something now that I expect to get shot down for...I like Sam. Sorry. I do!!

#8 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

I would say that Sam did very well considering it was such a risky song to sing (difficult and unknown).

It's hard to enjoy that song out of context, and maybe her acting wasn't consistent throughout it, but I thought she definitely delivered on the money notes and provided a very watchable performance.

She won't be out this week.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#9 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

She's no Kerry Ellis that much I will say blink.gif

#10 Guest_guest Sally_*

Guest_guest Sally_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(maymay @ May 18 2008, 01:35 PM) View Post
She's no Kerry Ellis that much I will say blink.gif

Of course she's not! Kerry Ellis is an established performer who has been singing Defying Gravity for the last 2 years. Sam at least sang the top notes clearly and didn't growl her way to the top!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users