• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#11 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(guest Sally @ May 18 2008, 02:27 PM) View Post
Am I missing something?? Was it really that bad?? No way was she the worst of the night, Jessie takes that prize for the 2nd week running.
I'm gonna say something now that I expect to get shot down for...I like Sam. Sorry. I do!!

Thank you Sally!  I like Sam too.  I thought she did a fantastic job of the song and she was the only one that challenged herself......Jody take note (Holding Out For A Hero only goes to show how naturally cabaret comes to her!!!!).

#12 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

As performances of "Defying Gravity" from professional actresses go, she wasn't up there... but among her peers, the other Nancys, she was not bad at all.  Worth considering how little rehearsal time they get - tho singing their own choice should be songs they know how to sing?
###Belle###

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

I agre with Belle.  if you think about it...The Elphabas on the WE and Broadway have trained for at least 6 months to get Defying Gravity perfect, she had barely 5 days! Idina had loads of training before Broadway and Kerry is much older than Sam. She did a pretty god dam good job in my opinion, yeah it wasn't Wicked standard but...in this talent-less competition I think she was really good! She was never off key once, she didn't crack on that vital last note!
So i think we should cut her a bit of slack! x

#14 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

I think she was foolish to take on such a big song. Its sounded very clumsy and was out of time to the music for the most part. Big mistake.
Someone needs to take the poor girl out of there soon.
I dont think shed cope with 8  performances a week. No way.

#15 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

It was an ambitious choice - so she gets marks for that

However, it is beyond her at the moment and she gave a pale imitation of the OCR (i could hear inflections that were straight from the CD)

I just wish they all chose MT songs

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Samantha is clearly the unpopular one among the other Nancys? Both when they get to not be in the sing-off, and at the very end when they go up the steps after 'As Long As He Needs Me', Samantha is always on the outside of the group hugs.

And I also find it quite hilarious that she goes for Rachel every single week. She knows there ain't room for two girls with brown hair, and she knows that Rachel's the stronger.

#17 NewRomantics-x

NewRomantics-x

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Music, lyrics, what people are thinking when they write lyics and songs and if they are all based on real life situations, listening to someone play acoustic guitar, books - fiction and non-fiction, films, people, comedy, talking, banter, real life, football, our way of life (i.e. in Glasgow, when asked what school you went to, really people just want to know if you're Catholic or Protestant), dance - not me personally but I like watching it done properly, people with raw talent, make up, writing, drawing, fashion and style. Interesting people with good stories. Natural wit. The theatre and everything to do with it. From the make up and costumes to the actors and performers themselves.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Her pitching was a bit off but I don'tthink she was awful at all. Sure, she has done way better in the past but she took a risk, a great one at that, and I would like to think she pulled it off.
I don't think this will carry her through to the final though. She is an almost cert to go next week.
Call me Heather.

#18 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 19 2008, 11:45 AM) View Post
And I also find it quite hilarious that she goes for Rachel every single week. She knows there ain't room for two girls with brown hair, and she knows that Rachel's the stronger.

Umm... they're pretty much all brunettes at this point in time. Even Jodie has got suspiciously darker in the past few weeks.

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#19 elphy

elphy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

i thought she sng the song awfully.. it was so painful for me... and how they liked her i have no idea.. she ruined one of the best wicked songs.. it was brave ill giver her that.. but not successful at all

#20 Guest_Penny_*

Guest_Penny_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(itsmebaby @ May 18 2008, 12:14 PM) View Post
That was just hideous in almost every sense on last night's show. Still at least she tried something from musical theatre but that's about the only positive with that performance.

In your opinion.  She sang a difficult song well, in my opinion - for what it's worth as a member of the voting public - Oh, and in the opinion of AWL and the panel - and she's by far the best all-rounder.  'Hideous' - that's ridicuous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users