Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 21 2008, 02:06 PM) View Post
AH! Sorry about that...this computer is a little temperamental...

No worries, those accidental duplicate posts have now been removed.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

I haven't seen any of this series except the first episode so I don't have a favourite to win - but i just watched defying gravity on iplayer and was really surprised after the comments on here - i thought she did a great job.

#33 Guest_Guest_ewilliams17_*_*

Guest_Guest_ewilliams17_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

I must confess that I haven't seen Wicked so therefore don't know how good Sam was in relation to Kerry Ellis etc. I didn't think it was too bad actually. I agree with what various others have said about the fact that she had a short time to learn it and the fact that professionals in the westend have much more experience than Sam, who we have to rememeber is only 17. It perhaps wasn't brilliant but it was a good attempt I thought!

As for who should win the role, I'm lost as none of them have particulary excited me...

#34 Guest_scott_*

Guest_scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

guys, you are all so harsh.
here you have a 17 yr old chasing a dream. with only a week to learn this song i thought she was fab...think tere is a hint of jealously going on if you ask me.
personally, think the wrong girl won, nancy should be a young fragile girl scared of her absive partner, not a characature of a blackpool landlady who looks as if she could go 10 rounds with lennox lewis.

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(scott @ Jun 21 2008, 11:33 PM) View Post
guys, you are all so harsh.
here you have a 17 yr old chasing a dream. with only a week to learn this song i thought she was fab...think tere is a hint of jealously going on if you ask me.
personally, think the wrong girl won, nancy should be a young fragile girl scared of her absive partner, not a characature of a blackpool landlady who looks as if she could go 10 rounds with lennox lewis.

Yes of course no woman who has been in an abusive relationship ever had a fuller figure nor were they able to have a fesity persona in public.

#36 amyja89

amyja89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Haha, it's so funny to think that Sam's performance was the first time I'd ever heard Defying Gravity, and that after the show I went straight on the computer to do my research about Wicked. I've seen it four times since then! biggrin.gif

2010 so far: The Phantom Of The Opera - Legally Blonde - Priscilla Queen Of The Desert

#37 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(amyja89 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:58 PM) View Post
Haha, it's so funny to think that Sam's performance was the first time I'd ever heard Defying Gravity, and that after the show I went straight on the computer to do my research about Wicked. I've seen it four times since then! biggrin.gif

Saw her recently singing Defyine Gravity, she was just brilliant, it would make a lot of you on this site think twice about your very unfair comments.

#38 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(amyja89 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:58 PM) View Post

Only came across this site this week.  When I heard Sam singing Deying Gravity I was really impressed. The day after she sang the song it went back into the top forty.  I also have noticed on you tube Sam has had more hits on there than any other contestants.  She has done very well for herself.  I also believe she had two days to learn that song, I got that information from her fan club, it just goes to show.  I have also listened to her Maybe This Time on you tube and I have to say, I have never heard anyone sing that song like she does.  I glad I never saw this site before now because it just goes to show you, how people get it so wrong.  She was seventeen when she sang that song, I believe Kerry Ellis made a comment on how well she sang it.

#39 amyja89

amyja89

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Um, I think I should just clarify that the comment I made was a positive one. I was impressed by Sam's version and that's what inspired me to learn more about the musical!

smile.gif

2010 so far: The Phantom Of The Opera - Legally Blonde - Priscilla Queen Of The Desert

#40 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(amyja89 @ Feb 27 2009, 11:48 AM) View Post
Um, I think I should just clarify that the comment I made was a positive one. I was impressed by Sam's version and that's what inspired me to learn more about the musical!

smile.gif

I know your comment was positive and very nice too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users