Giving Sam A Hard Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Jeanne_*

Guest_Jeanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 19 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post
Is this another post about ALW's trouser readjustment? Or would that be 'Sam Giving a Hard Time'?

LOL!

On that note - who noticed Barry right after Sam's performance - he was leaning forward with his clipboard over his crotch.  Definitely hiding something!

#12 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

oh for god's sake.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#13 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Jeanne @ May 19 2008, 03:27 PM) View Post
LOL!

On that note - who noticed Barry right after Sam's performance - he was leaning forward with his clipboard over his crotch. Definitely hiding something!

Can we please bring a bit of maturity and class back to the forum!

#14 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 19 2008, 06:41 PM) View Post
Can we please bring a bit of maturity and class back to the forum!

Well said, althatjazz!!

Regarding giving people a hard time. I only signed on to this site because I was appalled by some of the cruelty in the comments expressed!

It should be remembered that most of these contestants are young,vulnerable performers at the outset of their careers. That they have made it this far is an accident of fate, and as such, they are in a very surreal and alien environment. Regardless of their personalities, none are equipped to cope comfortably with the sudden rise to public recognition. At the end of the day, they are people....YOUNG people.... who are trying to make the most of an opportunity that doesn't come along too often. It shows a lack of cmpassion and integrity for posters on this site, and elsewhere, to be so vindictive, particularly in relation to the personlities of the contestants. It's not a bit of wonder that "Show-Business" has a reputation for being cut-throat!!
It takes integrity to acknowledge the efforts of others, and intelligence to be constructive, rather than destructive, in giving criticism. Much of the posting here reeks of petty jealousy and bitterness towards the good fortune of others.... most unattractive and a sad reflection of the mental attitude of so many within the industry!

We are all entitled to our opinions.... but the manner in which we express them should show some respect for the fact that we are discussing OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.... who are as vulnerable and as easily hurt as we ourselves can be!

#15 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

Yell at me if you want but from what I can see Thatguyp, you have only signed up to this forum to have a go at people and belittle their opinions. As you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, so let people have them.
I'm not saying i'm completely innocent of having a go either so don't even try that one, but at least when I disagree with someone I don't have a go at them personally.

All of the contestants knew what they were getting into when they auditioned for this show.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

#16 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(jimee1987 @ May 22 2008, 02:08 PM) View Post
Yell at me if you want but from what I can see Thatguyp, you have only signed up to this forum to have a go at people and belittle their opinions. As you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, so let people have them.
I'm not saying i'm completely innocent of having a go either so don't even try that one, but at least when I disagree with someone I don't have a go at them personally.

All of the contestants knew what they were getting into when they auditioned for this show.

I'm not having a go at ANYONE personally, jimee, and if you chose to be offended by my comments, I can only imagine that it stems from some feeling of paranoia.... I think if you had read my post correctly, I was making the point that it is fine to criticise and to have an opinion, as long as one is prepared to show a little consideration for the individuals being criticised... that despite how we may privately perceive them, they are still human beings with sensitivities and insecuities.... and in the case of THESE individuals, they are mostly young and vulnerable. I'm sorry that you find courtesy so hard to deal with!!!

As for the argument that they knew what they were letting themselves in for... I doubt if ANY of them was psychologically prepared for a programme of this nature, which is the main reason why I hate the programme format. Some call it good television... but i'm more inclined to agree with the poster who stated a belief that these programmes cheapen the art. And evn if they DID know what they were letting themselves in for.... is that a legitimate reason to slag them off with cruel contempt and derision????  I think not!!

#17 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I think thatguyp made a sound & reasoned critique of what I've seen on this board to be quite honest. So  good for you wink.gif

#18 Guest_Gary_*

Guest_Gary_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ May 22 2008, 11:23 AM) View Post
Well said, althatjazz!!

Regarding giving people a hard time. I only signed on to this site because I was appalled by some of the cruelty in the comments expressed!

It should be remembered that most of these contestants are young,vulnerable performers at the outset of their careers. That they have made it this far is an accident of fate, and as such, they are in a very surreal and alien environment. Regardless of their personalities, none are equipped to cope comfortably with the sudden rise to public recognition. At the end of the day, they are people....YOUNG people.... who are trying to make the most of an opportunity that doesn't come along too often. It shows a lack of cmpassion and integrity for posters on this site, and elsewhere, to be so vindictive, particularly in relation to the personlities of the contestants. It's not a bit of wonder that "Show-Business" has a reputation for being cut-throat!!
It takes integrity to acknowledge the efforts of others, and intelligence to be constructive, rather than destructive, in giving criticism. Much of the posting here reeks of petty jealousy and bitterness towards the good fortune of others.... most unattractive and a sad reflection of the mental attitude of so many within the industry!

We are all entitled to our opinions.... but the manner in which we express them should show some respect for the fact that we are discussing OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.... who are as vulnerable and as easily hurt as we ourselves can be!

well said smile.gif

#19 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

All of you have a fair point, but remember that that's the kind of business these girls are trying to get into. They put themselves into the public eye by signing up for the show, and if any of them thought that they were going to carve a career in acting, music, theatre, anything like that without meeting some very harsh criticism then they're dreaming. To be successful you have to be able to take on board criticism, use it to improve yourself but not let it drag you down, and if they can't do that then quite frankly they should go home now and give up on theatre.

#20 Guest_Jeanne_*

Guest_Jeanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

My comment was aimed at Barry, not at Sam.  I'm not blaming Sam for Barry being a dirty old man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users