- - - - -

Sing Off Next Week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I think it'll be Jessie/Samantha with Jessie being kicked out!!

#2 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

Samantha would need some bad comments to drop into the bottom 2

I think Jessie and Rachel

#3 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Good Lord.Jessie ? really 'quel suprise'.I am praying it will be Caberet Jodie & Samantha with Jodie  going  back oop north

#4 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

My money's on Jessie and Rachel. That would be a toughie for ALW but he'd end up saving Jessie for sure...unfortunately for us.

#5 Guest_Dibley_*

Guest_Dibley_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 18 2008, 07:37 PM) View Post
My money's on Jessie and Rachel. That would be a toughie for ALW but he'd end up saving Jessie for sure...unfortunately for us.

Next week Rachel will be in the sing off with Jessie and Rachel will go. The winning 3 Olivers will be Harry, Gwion and Alex.

#6 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

I wish either Jessie or Sam would go, as they are both bland bordering on awful. But sadly it will probably be Rachel, as all must yield to the almighty Lord's agenda.
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#7 NewRomantics-x

NewRomantics-x

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Music, lyrics, what people are thinking when they write lyics and songs and if they are all based on real life situations, listening to someone play acoustic guitar, books - fiction and non-fiction, films, people, comedy, talking, banter, real life, football, our way of life (i.e. in Glasgow, when asked what school you went to, really people just want to know if you're Catholic or Protestant), dance - not me personally but I like watching it done properly, people with raw talent, make up, writing, drawing, fashion and style. Interesting people with good stories. Natural wit. The theatre and everything to do with it. From the make up and costumes to the actors and performers themselves.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

I honestly can't see why people don't like Jessie. Yes, I think she is a few years too young to be playing a role such as Nancy but in my opinion, she has something a bit different and her voice is really great.
I think in the sing-off next week it may be Samantha and Rachel, hopefully with Samantha being kicked out.
Call me Heather.

#8 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(NewRomantics-x @ May 19 2008, 02:54 AM) View Post
I honestly can't see why people don't like Jessie. Yes, I think she is a few years too young to be playing a role such as Nancy but in my opinion, she has something a bit different and her voice is really great.

It's because many people don't agree that her voice is great. The moment she has to sing something strenuous the quality slips, and whenever she's called upon to dance and sing at the same time she fades out completely. It was very clear in the Nancy and (non-)Joseph number: the other girls' voices came through clearly while Jessie's few solo lines were more panted than sung.

If that's how she is when she's been dancing for a minute, can you imagine how she'd be in the middle of a real show? It's not enough to be a singer, walking slowly across a stage performing to the cameras. She needs to be able to run up and down a couple of flights of stairs and then step on stage thirty seconds later with her breathing under perfect control, and we've seen no sign she can do that and plenty of evidence that she can't.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#9 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

'She needs to be able to run up and down a couple of flights of stairs and then step on stage thirty seconds later with her breathing under perfect control, and we've seen no sign she can do that and plenty of evidence that she can't. '

but that can be learnt &  with experience it will be...........I  think she has an awesome voice, great looks and fantastic presence & obviously as  she is stil here so do alot of other people. I do not mind genuine criticism of anyone but there seems to be a very obvious anti-Jessie agenda within a certain element  of this board IMO that is

#10 Belle

Belle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, costumes, shiny things

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

There's no AGENDA here!   Just people with opinions!  A huge range of opinions, I don't think there's any agreement about the Nancys here at all, who's best, who's worst.  Jessie gets bashed as much as the others do, and as vocally supported as the others.

Personally, I think Jodie's great but not Nancy.  Rachel's very ordinary by West End standards...  Samantha needs to go to college not theatre, and she could turn into something quite special, and Jessie bores me.    Also, Rachel and Samantha look too similar, I think in order to make the final as clear as possible one of them will go.
###Belle###

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users