37 replies to this topic

#11 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

Sorry but I disagree, I may be new to this board but having trawled through alot of the posts I  think there is..my opinion obviously & I'm voicing it,also & more worringly there is a anti -irish element as well. Luckily the public seem to see a quality in Jessie as well  even if as some people have said on a previous thread they ar e 'the great unwashed' ( sooooo patronising).but all of this is of course just  my opinion rolleyes.gif

#12 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Dibley @ May 18 2008, 11:44 PM) View Post
Next week Rachel will be in the sing off with Jessie and Rachel will go. The winning 3 Olivers will be Harry, Gwion and Alex.

Got your crystal ball out?!

#13 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

I think a lot of people have a problem with someone who can't convincingly carry off the cockney accent that they see as so central to the role.

I don't buy the line that Nancy could have been Irish and feel it would jar if the actor cast as Nancy were to have a strong accent other than a London one.

Jessie seems to struggle more than the others with the accent and so this is pointed out.

If she had been very Welsh or Scottish or Cornish or Yorkshire and not able to do the accent then that would have been the focus

#14 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Can anyone tell me who got voted out last night?? I missed it sad.gif

#15 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

Sing off (Another suitcase in another hall) was between Niamh and Rachel

Niamh went

#16 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

Kinda thought Niamh would go. Which is a shame as I really think Sam needs to go soon. Shes no good for the role, shes still there because ALW wants into her frilly little knickers. laugh.gif

#17 Guest_Guest_Cara_*_*

Guest_Guest_Cara_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

I think people are forgetting the vital thing that it's not ALW's choice.  It's Cameron Mackintosh.  And if it comes down to Rachel and Jessie, if he'd rather have Rachel, then ALW has no choice but to get rid of Jessie.  Though she's got nothing to worry about, he'll probably write a musical for her!!

#18 Glinda172xxx

Glinda172xxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

hang on...you said its cam makintosh decides who gets the part....so do the public not decide like they have in the past. Its pointless if they dont

#19 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 19 2008, 11:09 AM) View Post
Got your crystal ball out?!

Excellent, thank you Rona910!  I'm glad we have people like this on the board to tell us who is going to go so that we can save ourselves an hour and a half of our weekend to do something else other than watch the show!  I THINK (an that is THINK!) that Jessie and Rachel will be bottom 2 and Jessie will go.  I HOPE that Jessie and Jody are bottom 2 and Jody can be put out of her misery....sorry put US out of her misery!!!

#20 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Excuse me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users