• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 cara

cara

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

the public decide who is in the bottom two, and then cameron mackintosh tells ALW which one out of those two to save.  It's his decision, so he has the final say.  ALW is just the face and has nothing to do with Oliver really, just the TV show.

#22 Guest_JR_*

Guest_JR_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 19 2008, 12:30 PM) View Post
Excellent, thank you Rona910!  I'm glad we have people like this on the board to tell us who is going to go so that we can save ourselves an hour and a half of our weekend to do something else other than watch the show!  I THINK (an that is THINK!) that Jessie and Rachel will be bottom 2 and Jessie will go.  I HOPE that Jessie and Jody are bottom 2 and Jody can be put out of her misery....sorry put US out of her misery!!!

I've got to the point when I don't think that any of them are quite good enough to take on this role.  Even Rachel looks as if she's getting beyond her sell-by date - nothing to do with age.  To me Jodie's dancing doesn't come up to par by a long way, but then all the others seem to leave much to be desired in both movement and/or musicality.  I can't believe that these artistes are the best that the UK has to offer.  (If they are then perhaps the show should have cast a net into the bigger pool of the US.)

#23 morven82

morven82

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

I hope it'll be Rachel and Jessie in the bottom two...I thought Jessie would go because she's had a few weeks of inconsitent comments, but ALW loves her. I seriously hate the way Rachel somehow manages to sing but look down her nose into the camera...she tips her head back and looks right down.

I think it'll be Jessie versus Rachel or Samantha...I think Jodie will escape any sing off until the final.

#24 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 19 2008, 02:20 PM) View Post
Excuse me?

Sorry rona910, I should have taken more time on my post!  I was thanking you because you were asking Dibley if he's got a crystal ball and then the rest of post was answering Dibley's very certain guesses on who will stay and who will go next week.  Apologies for any offence or confusion!

#25 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

No offence, just confusion rolleyes.gif  

Apology unnecessary but accepted anyway... smile.gif

#26 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(JR @ May 19 2008, 01:54 PM) View Post
I can't believe that these artistes are the best that the UK has to offer.  (If they are then perhaps the show should have cast a net into the bigger pool of the US.)

It's clearly not though. I know some fantastic people who auditioned for this and didn't even get to Nancy School. Unfortunately it seemed to be all about the sob story and people either had to have something traumatic happen in their lives or be complete unknowns who'd never trained. They had to tick every box so they obviously couldn't have 12 fantastic professional singers, because there's nothing for the public to get involved in.

I think it'll probably be Rachel in the singoff even though I think she's the only one who could do it and do a good job and hopefully Jessie. Jessie, obviously, needs to go.

#27 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

[quote name='guest' date='May 20 2008, 12:11 PM' post='35330']
It's clearly not though. I know some fantastic people who auditioned for this and didn't even get to Nancy School. Unfortunately it seemed to be all about the sob story and people either had to have something traumatic happen in their lives or be complete unknowns who'd never trained. They had to tick every box so they obviously couldn't have 12 fantastic professional singers, because there's nothing for the public to get involved in.

Yes I agree. We have to remember they are making a TV Saturday night light entertainment programme first and foremost. So the characters get picked to make good TV. It's just like the apprentice. The candidates are foolish enought to believe they have been picked for thier business acumen when in fact they have been picked for entertainment value. It would make very dull TV if all the taskes were completed efficiently. SO we enjoy watdching them make basic errors and generally messing it up. Alan Sugar wouldn't employ any of them in real life as CM wouldn't cast any of the final 5 in IDA in a traditional audtion process.

#28 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 18 2008, 08:04 PM) View Post
I think it'll be Jessie/Samantha with Jessie being kicked out!!

I think ALW is desperate to get rid of Jodie for fear she will win and Sam/Jessie (SamJess? JesSam?) will lose in the final. This is where I would just *love* to see the voting numbers, because out of Jodie, Jessie and Sam, it's completely unclear who has been getting the low votes.

If the sing-off next week is between Rachel and Jodie (which is what I'm suspecting) then Jodie will get the boot, which leaves a weak Rachel against Jessie and Sam. [I should add: "weak" in the sense of "not getting a lot of votes", which is not meant to say anything about her abilities.]

If it's Rachel and either Jessie or Sam, then it's a bit more interesting ... ALW might also save Rachel in that case because she's weak enough not to be real competition but the remaining Young One may win against Jodie. I don't think he would get rid of Sam at this point. Honestly don't know whether he would get rid of Jessie.

In any case, I believe the gears in his brain are all churning toward the goal of making sure Jodie doesn't win.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#29 Guest_Dibley_*

Guest_Dibley_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

[quote name='Misplaced' date='May 20 2008, 06:30 PM' post='3543
I have no doubt that Jodie is polling the vast majority of the public votes whether you like her or not.
My guess is that, of the votes, the distribution is something like this:
Jodie 55%
Sam 25%
Jessie 17%
Rachel 3%
You have only got to speak to people or go on other message boards to see this.

#30 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

i think it's worth pointing out that the semi result could well hinge on where niamh's votes go

either they'll go to the other young 'uns, putting rachel and jodie at risk

or they'll go to the other 'local' ones, putting jodie and samantha at risk

either way, i'm not sure i'd be too surprised to see jodie in the bottom two (though i hope not)
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users