- - - - -

Samantha Out!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_jessie_*_*

Guest_Guest_jessie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Im sorry but she HAS to go. Shes not a consistent or confident performer at all. In that group number (wash that man..) she was the weakest by far. Her notes are wobbly. The fact denise thinks shes the best says it all. Shes a pretty girl...but she AINT nancy at all. Maybe she could be in the chorus?

I really fear that she will be in the final though. Just hope to god Rachel or Jodie win.

Not sure why Rachels getting a tough time....maybe shes TOO good for it or something...her acting is flawless, which none of the others can say..though its pretty clear from their 'missions' that Jodie can act well...

#2 Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Dan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

She's the best one there, talking crap you are

#3 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

What are you talking about?!?!

Sam was the best in that number, she had bags of personality, moved securely and professionally, and provided a strong vocal!

WTF were you watching?!
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#4 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Samantha doesn't have any of the grit or grime necessary

She has talent

and will get work

but is not a Nancy

#5 abalafae

abalafae

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I think that she's quite good and really does stand a chance of winning- but then I like to support the girls who actually bothered to have proffesional training!
We taught the world new ways to dream.

#6 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I think Sam will come third or fourth.  Hopefully Rachel or Jodie will win.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Sam is a talented girl, I don't dispute that.  Surprisingly, she doesn't come across well in the VTs, appearing over-confident and a bit smug about her safety within the competition, but I won't hold that against her.  After all, this isn't  a personality contest, but a test of their talents.  

However, while the judges get at Rachel (in particular) for not connecting with the words, Sam's "acting" seems to consist of smiling her (admittedly winning) grin, pointing occasionally in a kind of "street way" and bending her knees.  She clearly can dance, I have to give her credit for that, but I just don't get the glowing praise that is heaped on her.  I also don't think it's doing her any favours--critics would slaughter her.  She, like Niamh, needs to take a couple of years to grow up, develop their burgeoning skills, and come back stronger and tougher.  At the moment, she's OK, good at a stretch, she's just not ready yet, and is miles behind the likes of Jodie and Rachel.

#8 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

[quote name='Guest' date='May 18 2008, 09:15 PM' post='34988']
Sam is a talented girl, I don't dispute that.  Surprisingly, she doesn't come across well in the VTs, appearing over-confident and a bit smug about her safety within the competition, but I won't hold that against her.  After all, this isn't  a personality contest, but a test of their talents.  

However, while the judges get at Rachel (in particular) for not connecting with the words, Sam's "acting" seems to consist of smiling her (admittedly winning) grin, pointing occasionally in a kind of "street way" and bending her knees.

I have missed the knee bending bit--I have seen the grin----still don't like her--anyhow Jessie will win--I don't like her either---no one I like ever wins these things so it's either going to be Jessie or Sam to win.

#9 Guest_Guest_Chloe_*_*

Guest_Guest_Chloe_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

I LOVE SAM..!!!  biggrin.gif She's the best along with Jessie...one of them to win because i cant stand Jodie! x

#10 NewRomantics-x

NewRomantics-x

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Music, lyrics, what people are thinking when they write lyics and songs and if they are all based on real life situations, listening to someone play acoustic guitar, books - fiction and non-fiction, films, people, comedy, talking, banter, real life, football, our way of life (i.e. in Glasgow, when asked what school you went to, really people just want to know if you're Catholic or Protestant), dance - not me personally but I like watching it done properly, people with raw talent, make up, writing, drawing, fashion and style. Interesting people with good stories. Natural wit. The theatre and everything to do with it. From the make up and costumes to the actors and performers themselves.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Jess or Jodie to win for me. With Rachel 3rd. It will be a miracle if Sam stays next week.
Call me Heather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users