• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#11 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

Perhaps the problem is that DVO is only an occasional visitor to the stage - she is primarily a TV and Radio personality who takes a role from time to time - rather than the other way round.

#12 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Campaigner @ May 18 2008, 08:14 PM) View Post
I really have an issue with Denise 'talentless' Outen being on the panel.

We need someone like: Ruthie Henshall, Joanna Riding or Maria Friedman!!!

Who agrees????

I totally agree!!!  Ruthie would be fantastic, I don't really know Maria or Joanna but I am sure they are equally qualified to judge this type of show.  

To the poster who listed DVO's CV, being the best thing in a terrible production does not really cut it does it?!!  Featuring in Les Mis as a teenager sounds impressive and training in musical theatre also sounds impressive but surely if she was that highly trained she would have had a lot more parts.

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 19 2008, 05:54 PM) View Post
but surely if she was that highly trained she would have had a lot more parts.

You would be surprised to know how many highly trained and talented pros are out there that don't get work, never mind roles in West End shows....

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

Ha ha Denise being as competent and talented as Joanna Riding- all i can say is, 'YEH F*****G RIGHT!! Joanna Riding is leagues above her!!!!!

ha ha still laughing that someone may actually suggest she's anywhere near to the talent of Riding..........

#15 Guest_jan donaldson_*

Guest_jan donaldson_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(Campaigner @ May 18 2008, 07:14 PM) View Post
I really have an issue with Denise 'talentless' Outen being on the panel.

We need someone like: Ruthie Henshall, Joanna Riding or Maria Friedman!!!

Who agrees????

I don't think it is actually a matter of who we want it is who is prepared to do it.  Humphries is clearly out of his depth, frequently embarrassing and sometimes downright pervy.  I know John Barrowman is a very accomplished performer but he is hardly ever off the screen at the moment and his occasional gushing is not convincing.   Denise comes over as slightly bitchy and you can see the hackles rise on the backs of the girls she criticises.   I have never seen her perform so cannot judge whether she is worthy or not but I cannot say I am impressed with her personality.  Hopefully the panel do not matter and the best girl will get he job.  However, I think there is a hidden agenda going on here which could see the most talented pushed out and the coach party favourite voted in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users