Final 3 Olivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_giggleboy_*

Guest_giggleboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Fruitful @ May 18 2008, 10:04 PM) View Post
Harry overacts (and would be far too posh for Dodger)
Chester has good voice but doesnt relate to the audience,
I dont rate Arthur's voice,
Johnny has stage prescence,
Laurence - No opinion formed
Kwayedxe - Good voice but too big
Alex - Good voice but too big
Gwion - No opinion formed

Well I sort of agree although I think Harry is a good enough actor to tone down and play Oliver well.
Apart from him, and Kwayedza, who has star quality,  it's just a handful of averagely talented boys most of whom will be very much on the tall side by the time the show opens in January.
Alex produces his voice well but he seems so mature and wise I'm not sure he's right for the part. Chester and Laurence don't quite seem physically at ease on stage to me. Jonny looks right but I really think he needs some work on his voice production and phrasing. Gwion seems to have made an impression and is the only one who is short enough to be convincing except for Arthur whose voice rules him out. I am sure when they open this up to Stage School kids in the auditions for the Gang they will find boys who are better who will eventually play the role.

#12 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

Gwion
Jonny
then Laurence or Chester
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

#13 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(giggleboy @ May 18 2008, 11:27 PM) View Post
Well I sort of agree although I think Harry is a good enough actor to tone down and play Oliver well.
Apart from him, and Kwayedza, who has star quality,  it's just a handful of averagely talented boys most of whom will be very much on the tall side by the time the show opens in January.
Alex produces his voice well but he seems so mature and wise I'm not sure he's right for the part. Chester and Laurence don't quite seem physically at ease on stage to me. Jonny looks right but I really think he needs some work on his voice production and phrasing. Gwion seems to have made an impression and is the only one who is short enough to be convincing except for Arthur whose voice rules him out. I am sure when they open this up to Stage School kids in the auditions for the Gang they will find boys who are better who will eventually play the role.

What makes you think that the finalists aren't stage school kids. Harry certainly has professional acting experience and I imagine most of them are at some sort of stage school, if only part time.

#14 NewRomantics-x

NewRomantics-x

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Music, lyrics, what people are thinking when they write lyics and songs and if they are all based on real life situations, listening to someone play acoustic guitar, books - fiction and non-fiction, films, people, comedy, talking, banter, real life, football, our way of life (i.e. in Glasgow, when asked what school you went to, really people just want to know if you're Catholic or Protestant), dance - not me personally but I like watching it done properly, people with raw talent, make up, writing, drawing, fashion and style. Interesting people with good stories. Natural wit. The theatre and everything to do with it. From the make up and costumes to the actors and performers themselves.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Harry
Chester
Gwion.
Call me Heather.

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Harry - Average.
Chester - Very nice voice.
Authur - I do not rate his voice.
Jonny - Good voice, lots of stage presence, in my opinion perfect for the role.
Laurence - Average.
Kwayedxe - Will be a baritone before the show opens.
Alex - Too tall and posh.
Gwion - If he can loose the Welsh accent (which I doubt he can) he'd be ok.

#16 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

I doubt that any of the 13 year olds will be cast - too much of a risk

#17 Guest_Guest_cara_*_*

Guest_Guest_cara_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(rona910 @ May 18 2008, 07:49 PM) View Post
Harry, Johnny and Laurence all the way!

Yes Yes.  These were the 3 I picked out in the first week!

#18 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

Gwion Johnny and someone else..

#19 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Jonny is 13 - by the time the show opens, he will be nearly 14

Hormones will have kicked in by then - almost certainly.  Very few 14 year olds have unbroken voices

#20 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 19 2008, 11:32 AM) View Post
Jonny is 13 - by the time the show opens, he will be nearly 14

Hormones will have kicked in by then - almost certainly.  Very few 14 year olds have unbroken voices

I know quite a lot that have unbroken voices (I'm still at school, I'm not an adult that hangs around with 14 year olds blink.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users