- - - - -

Final 3 Olivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_giggleboy_*

Guest_giggleboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

'I have a Dream' - is it just me or were they all flat? And the phrasing - I believe in AnGELS. They were all doing it.
I'm tired of IDA. Bring on 'Choir Wars' or, as it's now called, 'Last Choir Standing'. Prime time quality choral singing. Bring it on.

#32 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(giggleboy @ May 20 2008, 10:02 AM) View Post
'I have a Dream' - is it just me or were they all flat? And the phrasing - I believe in AnGELS. They were all doing it.

I thought there was some dodgy pitching going on there as well. As for the phrasing - since it was all of them that would suggest someone told them to do it like that, so not necessarily something we can criticise THEM personally about.

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Chester (BEST)
Gwion (SECOND)
Jonny (THIRD)

#34 Guest_Dibley_*

Guest_Dibley_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

Harry
Alex or Lawrence
Gwion

Not Chester - he's too nervous. He doesn't look like a performer to me, just a boy whose parents think he can act. He looks petrified. He was terrified when they first sang to CM/ALW - look at Episode One. Doesn't anyone else think so?

#35 Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Shocked at everyone's liking of Gwion. i just don;t think he would fit the role at all. Just my opinion I guess.

yes I would love Johnny to get it! But as everyone says, he is prob to old.
I love harry and Chester though so definitely them two!

#36 Guest_Marty_*

Guest_Marty_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

They are all really good, but I like the most

Gwion, who always smiles
Arthur, who is a real cutie
Chester, who definately look like an Oliver should look

#37 Guest_Seph_*

Guest_Seph_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Jon_* @ May 20 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
Shocked at everyone's liking of Gwion. i just don;t think he would fit the role at all. Just my opinion I guess.

yes I would love Johnny to get it! But as everyone says, he is prob to old.
I love harry and Chester though so definitely them two!

I know, I don't really see the fuss with Gwion either. If he loses his Welsh accent I doubt many people would find him as adorable anymore - and for the role he'd need to at least tone the accent down.

I didn't think Jonny was that great yesterday, he seemed nervous and most of all he is very wooden - you can hardly see his mouth moving. And I couldn't help comparing it with just how purer and more beautiful Alexander, Laurence and Chester's voices sounded afterwards. I don't know why they picked Kwayedza, can they not hear how unsuitably low his voice was? He's an ace singer, but just not Oliver. I don't like Arthur much and he doesn't stand out in group performances.

I really like Harry, he's very expressive and you never bore of watching him, precisely because of his imperfections. But he's not very oliver-like - he looks too streetwise. Plus, I think his voice may be close to breaking too.

My pick is Laurence, Chester and Alexander - they suit the part well and have the best singing voices. Laurence is a good actor, Chester is a good mover and Alexander has an endearing quality. But they'll probably choose Gwion and Jonny for two of them because people'll just think they're so sweet/cute......

#38 Guest_India_*

Guest_India_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Marty @ May 20 2008, 07:40 PM) View Post
They are all really good, but I like the most

Gwion, who always smiles
Arthur, who is a real cutie
Chester, who definately look like an Oliver should look

#39 Guest_726337_*

Guest_726337_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

If you look at the performance of "Electricity" (below), Chester clearly has one of the best voices. Also Kwaydzxe but hes a baritone. Harry got it off to a good starter so Harry and Chester must be in top 3.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K7nBXMBZ5qQ

#40 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like Harry...well not him, but he sings out of the side of his mouth like Jessie, so do 2 other Olivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users