Final 3 Olivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#71 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(Marty @ May 25 2008, 07:33 AM) View Post
I hope we will see the others soon on stage as well, but there aren't many musicals with children currently playing, are they? Chitty closed, Whistle closed, Mary Poppins closed...

theres always billy elliot

#72 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(smelly1345 @ May 21 2008, 10:40 PM) View Post
Hi i posted earlier the result as a guest because i was posting off of my iphone adn couldnt sign in or insert spoilers. Sorry.

I was picking up tickets for avenue q at the noel coward theatre when i saw my favourite oliver
Spoiler
crying in the foyer. I kinda realised that this must mean they are being told who has got the part as
Spoiler
was there crying too. I thought id hang around and see who got the role. Then
Spoiler
came out crying and then
Spoiler
. Next out was
Spoiler
and then the three winning boys smiling and shocked,
Spoiler
. This is true and looking around the foyer i was the only member of the public there so digitalspy are either lying that they didnt get it from whatsonstage or have a telephone contact with an oliver or production crew on id do anything. Anyways apologies for not putting spoilers in earlier.  

Jake.

Jake can you give us any more details about what happeneed after the boys found out? Were their parents there or were they just left to deal with the news on their own? Did the losing boys comfort each other and what was their reaction to the winning boys?

It all sounds a bit horrible to be honest, I'm glad I wasn't there! I can just image those poor kids in tears... sad.gif

#73 Guest_Marty_*

Guest_Marty_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(guest @ May 25 2008, 05:07 PM) View Post
theres always billy elliot

Yeah. I thought about it, too. ARTHUR would be brilliant as Michael in Billy Elliot, wouldn't he? He says he loves fashion, so "express yourself" would be HIS PERFECT SONG  laugh.gif

#74 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

I know that I'm going to be looking out for Kwayedza. His voice is gorgeous, if it lasts through it breaking he's going to be a star.

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

Don't like Gwion... I know everyone finds him so adorable but I just can't see it. He's a bit too sickly sweet and he is incredibly monotone when he sings.

Harry was surprisingly good. He's never the best vocalist but I think his acting/stage presence/general warmth more than makes up for it. Thought his reaction to getting through was sweet.

Laurence is definitely the best singer of the bunch and seems a strong actor; he would have been my pick too so I'm pleased.

Still think that Chester was robbed and I also thought Alexander had a beautiful voice.

#76 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

Anybody notice Jonny crying during No Matter What last night? It's during the part where him, Alex and Kwayedza walk down the steps and they sing "I can't be what I'm not", and his face just crumples! It's heartbreaking to watch. The camera quickly cuts to Alex but I wonder if they had to stop filming or something.

Jordan is also crying in the audience, which I thought was really sweet.

#77 Guest_Seph_*

Guest_Seph_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 25 2008, 07:43 PM) View Post
Anybody notice Jonny crying during No Matter What last night? It's during the part where him, Alex and Kwayedza walk down the steps and they sing "I can't be what I'm not", and his face just crumples! It's heartbreaking to watch. The camera quickly cuts to Alex but I wonder if they had to stop filming or something.

Jordan is also crying in the audience, which I thought was really sweet.

Oh, I had to go and check - and yes, it does look like Jonny's face had just crumpled. It's really horrible to watch - and Chester looked like all the life had gone out of his eyes and just a shell was left. The other three seemed to take it a bit better but I'm sure all of them were feeling really emotional inside. Kudos to them for being able to finish singing!

I find Gwion slightly irritating to watch but I think he was an understandable choice. Laurence and Harry are great.

#78 smelly1345

smelly1345

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

In refernce to the question, There parents were there yes and they did all comfort each other jonny and alexander were hugging, and arthur was hugging his mum and general stuff like that. It was very heartbreaking watching 5 kids crying some of them sobbing and hysterical. They all looked defeated. Chester was tearful but not crying but he looked like he was giving everything to stop himself from crying. I felt very uncomfortable, but my need to know who had got the part beat my awww poor children thoughts. I felt like going up to them and syaing dont worry you were really good youll get something else out of this. Yer sort of it really.

#79 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(smelly1345 @ May 30 2008, 02:36 PM) View Post
In refernce to the question, There parents were there yes and they did all comfort each other jonny and alexander were hugging, and arthur was hugging his mum and general stuff like that. It was very heartbreaking watching 5 kids crying some of them sobbing and hysterical. They all looked defeated. Chester was tearful but not crying but he looked like he was giving everything to stop himself from crying. I felt very uncomfortable, but my need to know who had got the part beat my awww poor children thoughts. I felt like going up to them and syaing dont worry you were really good youll get something else out of this. Yer sort of it really.

They were all told who had been chose during the week before the (TV) results show. Shows what good actors they must all be!

#80 smelly1345

smelly1345

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

What. That post makes no sense. If you read the whole topic youll realise that it is referring to when the were told the week before the live show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users