#251 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostMrsDoyle, on 15 April 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Just bringing up this old thread to let people know about programme tonight on BBC4 at 10.35pm:<br />Mark LawsonTalks to Mark Rylance<br />

Thanks Mrs D. Recorder all set! :)

#252 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'd be grateful if you could help me with this.
For the set for Jerusalem, I seem to remember being able to see a brick wall behind the caravan at the back of the set when I saw the play at the Apollo. I've read this somewhere else as well and also that they saw a fire escape on the brick wall too, but they seemed to think that it was part of the set as if the caravan was nearby a building.
Was this the case or was it the back wall of the theatre. I realise that this most likely was intentional for it be seen behind the (very tall) trees but I wonder if any of you could confirm/ reiterate this?
Thanks.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#253 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Back wall of the theatre- intentional, conscious it was a play etc- as was the "English Stage Company" on the proc arch.

#254 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Was suspecting this - very glad to hear, thank-you.
Do you know where there might be a review/ article/ interview to confirm this - for referencing purposes?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#255 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

The playtext mentions the "English Stage Company" at the beginning, but not the wall. Wouldn't know where to look.... sorry.

#256 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

The VocalEyes description for the visually impaired stated that the wall and fire escape were part of a building in the wood which the caravan "seemed" to be parked close to, on concrete "as if this area was once part of the building."

http://www.vocaleyes...emid=721=

Click-open the Jerusalem - Introduction Word Doc on this webpage.

I don't know who's right - VocalEyes or Pharaoh's number 2 - but it does make sense that Rooster would permanently site his caravan on an existing concrete floor in the shelter of the remains of a building. I guess we need to know who briefed both of our two sources.

#257 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks very much :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users