DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

View PostJen, on 13 July 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

Thanks for that!

And I believe 'gabby/stenographer' is 2nd u/s for elle if I'm right? :)

That was the cast in the OLC (and I think it is again now), but hasn't always been the case.

#12 Guest_Jen_*

Guest_Jen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Yeah I know it is that way in London at the moment, although Nicola Brazil is Serena and is the U/S Elle..mind you...Susan Mcfadden was alternate and Serena wasn't she?

So, has anyone seen the tour?

#13 Guest_TheBlondeGuest_*

Guest_TheBlondeGuest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Has anyone got the programme? because it will say the full list of understudies in there, sometimes on a tour they don't always have a second understudy, we will just have to wait and see until someone gets a program!

Also how does oh my god you guys work? They just run on stage? hmmm it would look silly. And does that mean the bit where the girl runs across on the phone saying 'oh my god elle, oh my god warner.. OH MY GOD' had been cut? as it was just there so the curtain had time to go up.

Thankyouuuu

#14 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Saw the tour tonight - OMG has a door on one side of the stage, a table on the other which the girls are gathered around with the 3 main Delta Nu girls holding a big book with a pink E on.  Also, there was no balcony so the girls did the choreography they use for TV performances for So Much Better.  They ran out of programmes so I can't post the list of unerstudies.

A few notes on the cast:

Faye Brookes - excellent, really good voice and great comic timing - couldn't hold the last note of SMB
Iwan Lewis - very good, sounds like Alex when he's speaking, has a strong singing voice - plays it more confident/angry than Alex did
Neil Toon - did well with a mediocre role
Liz McClarnon - excellent, loved her interpretation - no high note in Ireland, and sometimes slightly slipped into Scouse
Dave Willetts - great, preferred him to Peter
Charlotte Harwood - plays it very bitchy, far more so than Siobhan - great high note in Remix
Hannah Grover - loved her, great acting and an amazing voice - she goes for a very high note in Whipped Into Shape - higher than Viv's in Remix
Sinead, Sophie and Micha - Sinead and Micha are brilliant, very funny and great voices.  Not so keen on Sophie though.
Lewis Griffiths - lame Chad, decent Dewey and a brilliant UPS guy - got the biggest cheer at curtain call
Gemma Baird - didn't like her at all

#15 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Why didn't you like Gemma? How did she play it?

#16 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Enid is quite a loud bubbly character, Gemma played her as quite shy which just doesn't work.  Plus vocally she was poor, her 'back the hell out of the way' was terrible.

#17 HoppyToad

HoppyToad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

I saw this on Tuesday and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It definately missed the Delta Nu house though, and whilst nobody in the cast blew me away, they all gave solid performances. Seeing as it was only their first week, I'd love to see it after they've settled in a bit more. I really liked Liz McClarnon as Paulette. I actually prefer her to Natalie Casey, who I just didn't take to.

From the programme, Understudies are:

Elle: Amy Ross, Sophie Isaacs

Emmett: Michael Vinsen, Andy Rees

Warner: Chris Milford, Lewis Griffiths

Vivienne: Gemma Baird, Amy Ross

Callahan: Graham Lappin, Andy Rees

Paulette: Rhona McGregor, Hannah Woolley

Brooke: Niamh Bracken, Hannah Woolley

Pilar: Lori Barker, Niamh Bracken

Serena: Niamh Bracken, Sophie Isaacs

Margot: Nia Jermin, Katie-Marie Hicks

Chad/Dewey/Kyle: Andrew Gordon-Watkins, Chris Milford

Is it not a little strange that the lead Margot, Sophie Isaacs, is also an understudy for Serena?

#18 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Serena is the lead Delta Nu girl and so a slightly bigger part than Margot - but yes it does seem odd.

#19 WOS Manchester

WOS Manchester

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Theatre reviewer for whatsonstage.com and editor of WOS Northwest, and music reviewer for the Manchester Evening News By day - a lecturer of Film and Media. Fan of Arthur Miller, Willy Russell, Tennesse Williams and the director Sarah Frankcom at the Royal Exchange.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

Legally Blonde Review at Liverpool Empire Theatre - Liverpool - Whatsonstage.com http://bit.ly/o67bXm
Glenn Meads
Whatsonstage.com Manchester
http://www.whatsonstage.com/manchester

#20 Guest_caz25_*

Guest_caz25_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

"Enid is quite a loud bubbly character, Gemma played her as quite shy which just doesn't work. Plus vocally she was poor, her 'back the hell out of the way' was terrible."

Saw the show this afternoon & TOTALLY agree on this comment. She was definitely the weakest imo.

Pretty much loved all the other cast & really thought the tour stood up to the London production.

Also the cast were lovely at the sd, took time to chat to everyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users