86 replies to this topic

#31 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

I went to Sunderland on Saturday afternoon and the cast all gave a great show even though the audience was very small. There was no announcement that any understudies were on, so when Paulette first came on I was confused as she definitely wasn't Liz and looked like Rhona, who'd already been on as Mom and the Saleswoman! She was very good and didn't have as strong an accent as other Paulettes I've seen, so I could actually understand more of her lines. After the interval they announced Rhona was playing Paulette, and after the finale Matthew Kelly explained how Liz had been in her costume all ready to go and suddenly got taken ill and Rhona had to switch parts. She did very well to go on at such short notice. So we had a different Mom at the end!

I was pleased to see Iwan as Emmett this time and thought he was great, although I think he looks more like a Warner. I've just seen the tour is going on until August, so I'll hopefully get to see it again next year.

"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#32 Shady23

Shady23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

Interested to hear that the crowd was small, even on a Saturday. I was wondering as they seem to be flooding the north east with tv, billboard and metro adverts for it at the moment.

#33 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Ive been to the Empire Christmas shows 4 of the last 5 years and they are always very quiet on Christmas eve

#34 stagestiff

stagestiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

I bet I saw you as I go then to and yes it is very, its a day you can use the free upgrade on as they always let you move, common sense by them and you get a good view at discount, its great, im a student I have to watch pennys.

#35 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

We bought the 10 ones at the back of the stalls and moved to about 10 rows back just before it started and got a fab view!

#36 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Iwan Lewis told me tonight that he is finishing the tour in May as he wants to try and get work in London. this makes me sad in a way as I love his Emmett but I really would love him to make it big in the West End too. apparently faye will be staying on and so will a few other cast members

#37 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

I received an email from Southampton Mayflower Theatre today advertising Les Dennis as the new Callaghan and Ray Quinn as the new Warner on the tour.

#38 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

Les Dennis takes over from 31st January at Aylesbury and Ray Quinn joins the show  in Liverpool from 7th February

#39 Alfie Robinson

Alfie Robinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Faye is staying on. Les Dennis joins on 31st January, and Ray Quinn joins as Warner on 7th February.

#40 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

According to their Twitter, Ray joins on the same day as Les - which is the 30th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users