86 replies to this topic

#81 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

GasAttacK I've seen the show about 35 times and seen 9 Elles and although Faye is very good, I would beg to differ that she makes the show "a modern day masterpiece" She's not the worst Elle I've seen but also far from the best. My two pence

#82 GasAttacK

GasAttacK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

That's fair enough wls250, you're clearly another huge LB fan like myself and I respect your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I can appreciate that although Faye is the perfect Elle for me, others may prefer someone elses interpretation.

I loved the show in the West end and saw it 10 times at the Savoy but it wasn't until I saw Faye play Elle on the tour that I became slightly addicted. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Sheridan and Susan too but Faye would be my #1.

I've heard a rumour - and it is just a rumour - that there may be another LB tour starting some time next year. I'd like to think it was true and I guess if it is we'll have another Elle to compare.

http://fayebrookesfans.blogspot.co.uk/

#83 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

It did do really well. Maybe late 2013 I hope

#84 GasAttacK

GasAttacK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Another Legally Blonde fan I got to know a little during the tour was told by a member of the cast that there MAY be another tour next year but he/she wouldn't be a part of it.

As you say, if there is it will probably be towards the end of 2013.

I've just written a blog post about the Legally Blonde UK Tours final performances at Wimbledon. You can check it out at Faye Brookes blog if you're interested, along with videos, pictures and reviews that bring back many happy memories from a great tour.

http://fayebrookesfans.blogspot.co.uk/

#85 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Any plans known to tour this again in the near future?

I'm just sitting at the airport waiting for my flight back home after seeing today's matinee of the German production in Vienna, and that reminded me how much I actually love this show and how it's missed...

On a side note: the translation was done quite nicely, but it was kinda strange hearing the cast e.g. sing "9 Punkte von 10" (i.e. 9 out of 10), when the voice in my head simultaneously sang "one seventy-five" (when Elle was studying for her LSAT).
Oh, and "gay or european" became "gay or french".
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#86 GasAttacK

GasAttacK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Really miss this show too. It was fantastic in the West End with Sheridan and Susan, and even better on tour with the sensational Faye Brookes.

I don't know whether she has any inside knowledge but Faye hinted that it may return for another run either late 2013 or early 2014.

Unfortunately it will never be quite as good without the real Elle Woods - Faye Brookes, http://fayebrookesfans.blogspot.co.uk/.- but I'd still definitely go to see it.

#87 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

The real Elle Woods? Um, what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users