2 replies to this topic

#1 SideShow Phil

SideShow Phil

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

Ok so I am biased cos I am in the show. So for a selfish bit of self promotion . pop along to the Kenneth More theatre in Ilford this week and catch Into The Woods.......you either love or hate your Sondheim ....and if you have never seen this show (arguably his best !) then now is your chance .....

SideSHow Theatre Company

A bewitching crew of classic characters romp through a magical kingdom in this comedy musical fairy-tale. Interweaving a hilarious mix of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, the Baker's Wife, Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel in a tale that, quite rightly, ends happily ever after in Act One.  But what happens then? Does Cinderella find happiness with her Prince?  Is the Giant really dead?  Can Rapunzel survive outside of her tower? What about Snow White and those pesky dwarves? With laugh out loud wit, beautiful melody and a large dose of sentiment, Into The Woods is a show that will appeal to all ages, and will answer all those niggling questions you never dared to ask!

Kenneth More theatre
Oakfield Road
Ilford
Essex
IG1 6BT
Box Office 0208 553 4466

#2 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

[quote name='SideShow Phil' date='Feb 13 2007, 10:29 AM' post='196']
Ok so I am biased cos I am in the show. So for a selfish bit of self promotion . pop along to the Kenneth More theatre in Ilford this week and catch Into The Woods.......you either love or hate your Sondheim ....and if you have never seen this show (arguably his best !) then now is your chance .....

Get show, Music, lyrics and Book (Wicked - take note ................ this truly is an imaginative piece.) but imo is not as good as Little Night Music / Follies or Sweeney Todd

#3 In the Know

In the Know

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, television, films, reading. travelling, politics and football

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(SideShow Phil @ Feb 13 2007, 10:29 AM) View Post
Oyou either love or hate your Sondheim ....and if you have never seen this show (arguably his best !) then now is your chance .....

Get show, Music, lyrics and Book (Wicked - take note ................ this truly is an imaginative piece.) but imo is not as good as Little Night Music / Follies or Sweeney Todd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users