• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ May 20 2008, 12:07 PM) View Post
i'd like sam to win

Why, Haz?
I normally find your opinions comprehensible, even if I disagree, but I don't understand this...
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#22 Guest_rammy_*

Guest_rammy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

JESSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 4 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  biggrin.gif

But begining to think Jodie might just sneak it !

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

JODIE!

#24 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Q.C @ May 19 2008, 09:26 PM) View Post
Well, i didnt see that one coming ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Think i might owe you an appology mate sad.gif

ps think they wanted to know who you wanted to win though, not who is most suited to the part wink.gif

Jessie 4 me

Lol, it's ok. What I mean is, Rachel has all the abilities that make her suitable for the role, the voice, the acting and the appearance. Jessie & Sam need more work done, and could go on to do roles that are more suited for them. Jodie could easily move onto something big from here, just not Nancy.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#25 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(josh @ May 20 2008, 05:35 PM) View Post
Why, Haz?
I normally find your opinions comprehensible, even if I disagree, but I don't understand this...

i don't see any of them as being particularly nancy-ish. in fact, i don't see any of them as not having at least one significant weakness each... my preferring of sam is more of a case of a lack of options in my eyes -

jessie is just dreadfully overrated. sure, she has a nice enough voice, but it's not remarkable, and certainly not good enough to make up for the fact that she can't act, can't do the accent and can't dance.

jodie, to me, is still too cabaret. she is, most certainly, the most nancy-ish in terms of her own personality, looks etc but that's not the point.. we're not looking for someone who IS nancy, we're looking for someone who can PLAY nancy. though her movement skills are better than jessie's, that's not really saying much. she still looks awkward on stage and i think her diction and breath control have both been consistently poor.

rachel bores me incessantly. i think she overacts and i haven't seen ANY progression in the level of her performances throughout the series. i feel she has been resting on her laurels throughout the competition because she sees herself as a sure thing, because she's a pro. i think this has been particularly noticeable since sarah's departure.

so that leaves sam. i admit she's far from perfect, but i think she is by far the strongest all rounder of the remaining contestants. if nancy was a lead role, i would probably not be so sure of her capabilities, but at the end of the day, when cast in any other way, it would be a supporting role, not a lead. i think she is more than capable of doing the role well, 8 shows a week, and i think she would come out of it completely transformed as a performer - solid, experienced and still with the good grounding that her training (albeit short) has provided her with.

so, there you go.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#26 Guest_nice 2B nice_*

Guest_nice 2B nice_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

I would love for jessie to win because a lot of people on here seem to be really mean to her  angry.gif

She looks like a lovely person to me and whatever eveyone else says about her i think she has an awesome voice and i even believe "in the few clips we have seen" that she can indeed act  

Ps and there isnt an accent in the world that cant be changed with a bit of time and coaching!

#27 Guest_guest Sally_*

Guest_guest Sally_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(nice 2B nice @ May 20 2008, 09:30 PM) View Post
Ps and there isnt an accent in the world that cant be changed with a bit of time and coaching!

I give you - Ray Winstone in The Departed, Leonardo DiCaprio in Blood Diamond, Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins, Scarlett Johanssen in The Other Boleyn Girl, Clive Owen in Sin City... all DREADFUL accents.

I'm sure there are many more!!

#28 Guest_Gary_*

Guest_Gary_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

Sam

#29 Guest_Guest_clare_*_*

Guest_Guest_clare_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

Rachel. However you need to vote to get her there!! The teenagers will be dictating who should star on the West End stage otherwise!!!!!
She looks like she is overacting at times but that is because she has a bloody great big camera in her face. Acting on the stage is very different to acting for TV...Rachel is stage trained.

#30 Guest_minx_*

Guest_minx_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Jessie, i have just got a feeling she will blow us all and the panel away this week!

Ps, and to all you anti-jessiests out there. Dont judge her before she has performed, try take a neutrals view! you never know you may actually like what you see  ohmy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users